cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logged hours to the wrong client!! Help, please. :(

Cari S Member Since: Jan 26, 2018
1 of 5

Hello fellow freelancers,

Well..I just made a bone-headed mistake. This was my first hourly contract and I was proud that I was able to "clock in." Until I finished, clocked out, then reviewed the hours. I clocked hours on this particular project to the WRONG CLIENT/CONTRACT.

How do I switch them over??

(Cari smacks her palm into her forehead...)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cari

Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

That's very unfortunate, and you can't swtich it.

Delete the hours from the wrong contract. Before doing so, you can take screenshots that were taken on the wrong contract and contact the ''right 'client. You can then ask whether he/she would let you log manual hours or issue bonus payment to you. There won't be any guarantee or payment protection, though.

Cari S Member Since: Jan 26, 2018
3 of 5

Thank you, Hiu. I appreciate such a quick response. Well, that's one mistake I won't repeat, huh?

I have contacted the client to let them know my error. Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Cari

Community Leader
Moutacim L Member Since: Mar 13, 2018
4 of 5

Oh how sad, and very bad luck on this Monday Robot Sad

Just deleted, lucky me "only" 1 and half hour !!!

Didn't pay attention ...

Will there be some kind of functionality in the future to fix this, something like transfer hours from clientX to clientY... ?!!?

Smiley Sad

--We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Mother Teresa
Emma T Member Since: Feb 16, 2017
5 of 5

I know this is a bit of an older post,  but the same thing just happened to me. I have a clear memory of double and even tripple checking which contract I was in and it still happened. So either there is a computer glitch or the system is really non-user friendly on this front. I am seeing a lot of posts from people who have had this happen and who are beating themselves up about how silly they are . And maybe we are a bit silly  - but I am here to tell you that on this occasion I took great pains to make sure I was in the right contract and yet it still went wrong. ( same name client, much lower rate for a different type of work) . I don't understand why Upwork doesn't address it in some way. I thought they wanted us to make money for them.

- Extremely annoying.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS