🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Logged time missing
Page options
howardjohnr
Community Member

Logged time missing

Hi, I'm a newbie on this platform. I was logged in for 4 hours but only 2.5 hours reflected on my reports. The remaining hours doesn't show up. I was logged in from midnight to 4 a.m. (Monday, local time-Philippines). I'm just worried about the hours thag I worked for which will never be paid.

I need feedback what steps do I need to take to move forward with the issue. Or it has soething to do with the time?
6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Howard:

The time-tracker is working properly.

Your problem is that you don't understand it.

You think it is a time clock, but it is not. One does no "log in" and later "log out" and expect all time in between to be logged.

Time segments for which there is insufficient mouse/keyboard activity are not logged.

Wow, I guess being a guru allows for that condescending tone. I am having trouble myself with my time being logged and I've had lots of "mouse/keyboard activity". After this past week working as it shoud, these past 2 days the time-tracker shows 0 hours worked, when I have in fact worked for about 5 hours each day. I am waiting to see if it updates, otherwise I will contact my client.

Hi Paco,

Just to confirm, is your time missing for this week or the previous one? For the previous one, your Work Diary is already closed.
If you notice that your time is not updated during this week, you can try to change your internet connection. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, feel free to follow up here so that we (Moderators) can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, thanks for your reply! It's actually for both. I noticed today my time logged was 0 hours when I had been working for about 2 hours but thought it would be alright since I got the pop-up saying I had started the clock, and the system was taking snapshots every 10 min or so.
So, I am missing 2 days of last week and 2 of this week.

Hi Paco,

If your Work Diary is not updated in the next hour or so, please submit a support ticket directly from the desktop app. To do this, click on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback. This way your logs will be included as well and our team will be able to investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sjbercot
Community Member

If you can confirm that there was an error somewhere and you're missing hours, you can try messaging the client, explaining that there was an issue with the tracker, and ask her to either authorize you to add manual hours or pay you a one-time bonus equivalent of those hours that are missing. This is entirely up the client's decision though.

It might feel a little disruptive, but I check regularly that the tracker is still tracking while I'm logged on and working since I've had trouble with it not turning on in the past when I initiate a session. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths