cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Logging hours

karenbartomioli
Karen B Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
1 of 9

Is it just me? Am I missing the secret solution to logging the proper number of hours on a contract?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

@Karen B wrote:

Is it just me? Am I missing the secret solution to logging the proper number of hours on a contract?

What do you mean?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 9

Karen, when you start working, you click the On/Off button on the time-tracking desktop application to switch it to On. When you stop working, you click the button to switch it to Off.

I think some of us are confused about why you are asking a question about something that is so simple.

karenbartomioli
BEST ANSWER
4 of 9

Wow. I am confused by why someone should be so hostile.  It did not occur to me that anyone would think I am that stupid and explain the on/off button.  I am using manual tracking, which the client and I agreed upon because the app is intrusive and inaccurate. The client is aware the app tracks keystrokes only. It does not distinguish between the contracted work and shopping on amazon. If anyone can answer that question, and not just reply so they can feel superior, that would be welcomed.

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
5 of 9

Karen, I asked because I genuinly tried to find out which aspect of logging hours you are having trouble with, and maybe if you told us we could help.

karenbartomioli
6 of 9

You did not ask a question or indicate you were confused. You made an assumption and offered an insulting answer. YOU should say what you mean. Done here.

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 9

@Karen B wrote:

You did not ask a question or indicate you were confused. You made an assumption and offered an insulting answer. YOU should say what you mean. Done here.

Excuse me?

I asked you what you meant. No more, no less, as your problem was not evident from your original posting.

How, exactly, was that either an assumption or an insulting answer?

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 9

Petra, she's confusing you with Preston. To me, you and Preston don't look that similar, but I may be overlooking something. Cat Surprised Or perhaps she's viewing the mobile site, which doesn't show contributor thumbnails.

But getting back to the question, to add manual hours, first confirm that manual hours are allowed. If they're not, then ask the client to approve them. Next, select the contract in the timer, just like you're using the time tracker, but then click the + Add manual time link at bottom right.

9 of 9

@John K wrote:

Petra, she's confusing you with Preston.

Not sure who's likely to be more horrified by that, Preston or myself  😉

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS