🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Login from different and Multiple devices
Page options
narainsagar
Community Member

Login from different and Multiple devices

Hi All,

I need to confirm onething if it's not against upwork terms or not.

I use different devices & apps for login to upwork i.e., mobile app, timetracker app, desktop PC, Laptop(s).

So, I have 2 laptops from where I mostly login to my upwork account and use timetracker app (one laptop is at my home and one is at my office)

I need to ask and confirm, Is it against upwork terms etc OR may cause any problems etc?

It'd be nice if you suggest / refer me any article on this too.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dataextract
Community Member

It is not against ToS of Upwork to login the same account from multiple devices. Most of us are online at the same time from computer and through mobile app.

If you are using a system where some other user will also use it form their Upwork account, then always log out while you are not using it. Apart from that no need to worry.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
dataextract
Community Member

It is not against ToS of Upwork to login the same account from multiple devices. Most of us are online at the same time from computer and through mobile app.

If you are using a system where some other user will also use it form their Upwork account, then always log out while you are not using it. Apart from that no need to worry.

Alright, Thanks @Ramesh!

Hello there,

Thanks for the kind reply. However, I am also thinking for days about a concern similar to this. However, my concern is not to log in from different devices, I know I can do that. But I wish to know if I can use time tracker for one account on multiple PC.

Say, I am using a desktop computer to log in the time tracker software and I also have a laptop. Can I log in to the time tracker software using the laptop also? I mean, not along and at the same time in both of the devices. I mean in a different time, sometimes in PC and sometimes in Laptop.

I believe it's a simple and logical thing to do. But still wanna be sure about it. Will be glad if I can hear from some experts. Thanks in advance.

R. K. Mahin

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi R.K., 

You should be able to log time on either your desktop or laptop on different times. The Upwork Desktop App will not log time where time has already been logged. For example, if you worked on your desktop from 12:00AM to 01:00AM, you will not be able to log time simultaenously on a different contract on your laptop. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rkmahin
Community Member

Thanks very much for your kind reply. Probably, I couldn't able to write clear enough. However, I don't want to run tracker in two device simultaneously. Actually, I am thinking of working in desktop and sometimes in Laptop and so the tracker. I won't run the tracker in both device at a time or not for two jobs. Just wish to run from any of the device randomly at a time. Hope I am able to make it clear.

Thanks very much.
petra_r
Community Member

@R. K. M wrote:
Thanks very much for your kind reply. Probably, I couldn't able to write clear enough. However, I don't want to run tracker in two device simultaneously. Actually, I am thinking of working in desktop and sometimes in Laptop and so the tracker. I won't run the tracker in both device at a time or not for two jobs. Just wish to run from any of the device randomly at a time. Hope I am able to make it clear.

I have the tracker on 3 computers.

I never had a problem.

I'm also logged Upwork from my Destop and Laptop and I work from both device but not both at same time. Sometimes I run time apps on destop and sometimes from Laptop. And when I away from my home then must from my Laptop.

And I used LAN connection and different Modem and Wimax cinternet commention on different times, because internet connection provider are not good for all the time, sometimes they are stop , so I use altennative connection as well.

I install times apps on both Laptop and Destop, and some times I logged from both devices. Is it bad??

Yes, I do not run time apps same time from both device. I run times apps at a time at a divice only.

Thanks!!

so you mean that someone can use a single account in the different devices at the same time and Time tracker as well. right? If I am wrong then please guide me.

Hi Muhammad,

You can sign in to your Upwork account from different devices. However, you would not be able to track time using the Desktop App from different devices at the same time. Adding time for a period which is already logged is not allowed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,  i need help with a similar topic but there is a twist. Here goes:

I have a brother who is currently not wkring and i want to offer them the opportunity (job) of sending proposals for me. I have 2 laptops and want to save time from sending proposals and focus on doing the actual work. We live together so i won't give them my log in detailes, i will just give them he laptop after i have logged in privately so they bid for while i do the work for my projects. 

I need to know, will this be an issue???

For example if i am tracking time on one device and at the same time a proposal is being placed on another device, will this alarm upwork, bearing in mine that we will be in the same location and i will never track time on both devices at the same time, becacaue it is simply not posssible.

Please help.

Thank you. 

Hi Sandile,

Thank you for reaching out to us and raising this query. Please note that you can’t copy, share or give away your account. You can’t have multiple accounts and you can’t sell, trade, or give your account to anyone else without our permission. This is a serious violation of Upwork's TOS and may result to permanently suspend your account.

With that said, I want to reiterate Andrea's response above that you can sign in to your Upwork account from different devices. However, you would not be able to track time using the Desktop App from different devices at the same time. We suggest you read through our Terms of Service for you to be more acquainted with what you're allowed and off-limits on the platform.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey Arjay,
Can I open and run same account on different devices for chatting and bidding like 2 dsktop and 2 mobile. I don't want to track time. I just want to talk to the client and proposal sending ?

Hi Naveed,

You can access your Upwork account on different devices if you need to. Please be advised that if there are inconsistencies with your IP address, your account may be flagged to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for the clarificaiton.

09dccb98
Community Member

Hi i have a question i dont have a personal laptop and i use to login from different device .is it against upwork policy ??

Hi Rahima,

Rest assusred, you won't have any problems with your account if you're logging in from different devices. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I had an account and now it's banned. Can I use another account in the same device?

Hi Priyantha,

It's a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service to have multiple accounts and users whose accounts were suspended are not allowed to create new accounts to comply with the same TOS.

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

re: "I had an account and now it's banned. Can I use another account in the same device?"

Your problem is not related to your device.

If Upwork banned you, then the problem is you as a person.

It is not Upwork's intention that you ever create a second account.

Keep in mind that having a "suspended" account does not mean that you can't continue using Upwork. It may mean that Upwork wants you to resolve a problem with your current (original) account. You would need to follow Upwork's instructions to resolve the issue, so that you can continue using the original account.

Hi, 

I've the same query. I just bought new laptop, and my upwork account is already logged in on my previous laptop. Now I am curious can I login my account on new laptop as well using the same internet connection. OR Should I logout my account from previous laptop first in order to use it on new device. 

Is it against upwork TOS to login the same account on two different devices using the same internet connection? 

Hi Warda,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query. Yes! That's completely fine. You can sign in to your Upwork account from different devices. However, you would not be able to track time using the Desktop App from different devices at the same time. We suggest you read through our Terms of Service for you to be more acquainted with what you're allowed and off-limits on the platform.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members