🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Login from multiple devices at same time?
Page options
p-truong01
Community Member

Login from multiple devices at same time?

I use Upwork on two of my laptops, one is at home while the other is a bit further away from home.

Is that bad?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Preston H wrote:

Something like this comes up for a variety of reasons,

Yup, and "something like this" gets freelancers suspended day in, day out.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
prestonhunter
Community Member

It's fine.

I have used Upwork from multiple desktop computers for many years now. It has never been a problem.

Upwork places no limitation on the number of computers you use to log into your Upwork account.

Some important rules:

- you never share your login credentials with anybody else.

- you never log into anybody else's Upwork credentials

- you only work on one hourly contract at a time (the time-tracker and work diaries ensure this)

Hey Preston and all community member. I have a question regarding mobile application. So the question is that I have 2 profile (actually 3 but I don't use one account so only 2). One is freelancing profile and 2nd is client account. I login on freelancer app for checking my freelancer profile and after some time login on client app for checking my client account. So when I logout from freelancer app, it automatically gets logout from client app as well. Again when I login/logout from my client/freelancer profile so second app (client or freelancer app) automatically gets login/logout.This may be confusing for some but those people can understand who manage their both orpfile on Android phone. By the way I do this activity many times a day(I mean logging and logout from freelancer and client account). So I want to know is there any issue in this? Because I manage both application on my phone, so is there anything wrong in it? I mean doing login and logout frequently can create problem for your freelancer and client profile? 

I hope you guys got my point. Please explain, also you can ask if you didn't get my question.

Thank you very much in advance.

I don't think so it will create a problem. But keep updated on both apps always. And just save credentials with a cookie. Why are you required to log out if you don't have any other account to log in. Keep credentials saved on the device. 

Really? The part about having 3 profiles didn't strike you as being against ToS?

Yes, it causes the issue with TOS but one profile is a client profile and one is for freelancer profile will not cause the problem. And the 3rd profile needs to delete if he is not using that one. My concern is we can save credentials for the client app and freelancer app. And suppose if we are every time login/logout with both apps that will not create any problem. 

It is still a problem if those are 2 separate profiles. The client and freelancer profile need to be in one profile, not 2. 

If he works with the same profile for client/freelancer then that's fine. Not two separate profile

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kamal,

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account. Could you please send me a PM with more information about your accounts? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey everyone. This is my new client account. I also own a freelancer account on upwork and there is no issue on that account. I already have a client account but still I had to make this account to solve issue but still I'm facing issue...I'm adding 2 ss please take a look at it. I'm not able to review job or see proposal and not able to see invites and can't do any activity on my posted job. It's just loading and loading.

Can anyone solve this please?

Thank you.

petra_r
Community Member

Kamal S wrote:

Hey everyone. This is my new client account. I also own a freelancer account on upwork and there is no issue on that account. I already have a client account

You are violating Upwork's terms of service by having more than one account. You must immediately close both you duplicate accounts and then add a client-profile to your freelancer account before you end up having all 3 accounts closed and banned for good.

I suggest you do this immediately before it is too late.

Please note that login/logout with your client account and freelancer account will not create any issue with TOS but the 3rd profile which you are not using that needs to be deleted. Otherwise that profile affects other profiles as well. For more details, you can ask in support.

Jigar B wrote:

Please note that login/logout with your client account and freelancer account will not create any issue with TOS

WRONG! 

Please do not give such blatantly false advice. Nobody is allowed to have 2 seperate accounts. The client- and Freelancer-profiles MUST be on the same account.

Hey Petra and eeveyeve, recently I posted a question from my client acviacc but according to your instructions, I immediately deleted both my client account from different gmail. Now writing with my regular freelancer account. I want to know what if I want to create a client account with freelancer account as well. Because I need client account for important reasons and have deleted both of my client account where my hiring process was going on. Well now what to do to create a client account? You mentioned that both freelancer and client account should be on same account. What it means?

Now what should I do to add client account which I'll use regularly. 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Kamal,

You can open a client profile under the same account by going to Settings > Contact Info > Create a new account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

You can open a client profile under the same account by going to Settings > Contact Info > Create a new account.

Seriously? A cardinal rule of Upwork is one account per person (per lifetime!), and the interface for creating a different-role profile requires choosing Create a new account🙄

Kamal S wrote:

Now what should I do to add client account

Only create a client account if you really intend to actually hire people.....

If that is the case, here is how you can do it.

I was thinking he is using the same account for clients and freelancers. And another extra account that is against TOS. I think you guys shared enough details with @kamal. 

petra_r
Community Member

Pat T wrote:

I login Upwork from my both desktops at same time. one is at my home and other for away when I leave home.

How can you be at your home and away from home "at the same time?"

re: "How can you be at your home and away from home 'at the same time?'"

He may simply be referring to having the Upwork desktop application installed on more than one computer.

Or he may be referring to having the desktop app running on two different computers simultaneously, or logging into the Upwork website from two different computers simultaneously. All of which is doable.

I do that when I am using both an office computer and a home computer at the same time, using technologies such as Remote Desktop or Jump Desktop.

Something like this comes up for a variety of reasons, such as wanting to use software that is installed on only one comptuer and not the other, or needing to connect to a client's server which is accessible only through a white-listed IP address... and only one computer is whitelisted.

These are examples of why I personally use multiple computers simultaneously, with the Upwork app running on them.

Preston H wrote:

Something like this comes up for a variety of reasons,

Yup, and "something like this" gets freelancers suspended day in, day out.

Hi Petra,
I'm not claiming that I am at two places at the same time. 
I used my account on my laptop at home, then I went to work and logged into my account on a different laptop.

is this problem?

P.S. Thank you Preston for clearing things up for me. 

@petra R please help me in such situation -- Login from multiple devices at same time with different location?
This is happened with me sometimes. I am using upwork at my home and its always in logged-in and also using from my laptop when I am outside the home. Please understand that my upwork account is now login with 2 device with different location on same time. But.....I can biding and answering message from only one location. 

So is this against the terms?

re: "So is this against the terms?"

There are no Upwork terms prohibiting this.

I have never had any problems with being logged into Upwork simultaneously from two different computers in two different locations.

Thanks for the support guys.

Jd W wrote:

Please understand that my upwork account is now login with 2 device with different location on same time. But.....I can biding and answering message from only one location. So is this against the terms?

Only if a different person is using your account, at the same time or at different times.

josephjohn_78
Community Member

But, make sure that you are NOT using tracker for logging in mulptile contracts at the same time. That will put you in trouble.

Joseph J wrote:

But, make sure that you are NOT using tracker for logging in mulptile contracts at the same time. That will put you in trouble.

That isn't physically possible - so there is no need to "make sure" that something that can't physically be done isn't done.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members