🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Login on 2 devices
Page options
igor_tokmakov
Community Member

Login on 2 devices

Look, I have a project that can occupy my main laptop for hours while coding the video and I use upwork app to track time spent.
What if I log in on my wife's laptop (she has her own account) into MY account to submit job proposals? Just browsing upwork.com and submit proposals

Will it be considered a violation?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Igor T wrote:

Look, I have a project that can occupy my main laptop for hours while coding the video and I use upwork app to track time spent.
What if I log in on my wife's laptop (she has her own account) into MY account to submit job proposals? Just browsing upwork.com and submit proposals

Will it be considered a violation?

The tracker will not track time when there are no mouseclicks or keyboard activity, and you should only track the time you spend actually actively working, not time you spend looking for other jobs or cooking dinner or mowing the lawn etc.

Petra, it's that much clear. But this is the way we approved with the client, I can still be active to make sure tracker is running. Just pass on HOW. 

The question is the same. Will I violate anything using another device?

There are too many suspended cases to bury my 5-year account. That's why I'm asking BEFORE

Hi Igor,

I'd like to follow up and address two concerns related to the information you shared here:

1. Even with the client's approval and agreement, in case an issue arises on your Hourly contract note that hours with inadequate activity levels aren't covered by Hourly Payment Protection.

2. As Petra noted, on Hourly contracts clients are paying for the time their freelancers spend working specifically on their contract. While logging into a single Upwork account on two devices is not a ToS violation in itself, if any suspicious activity is detected our team will take action and reach out to you with more information.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have same question here. 

Please help.

I have SEO work that needs only page loading. So can I login my profile in same time to check job and make proposal?

My another question is:

If I will get another hourly job. Can I do one work and my wife can do another work in same time? So main point of question is- it is possible to login 2 PC in same time? Or is it possible to time with 2 PC in same time?

For a carefulness for my profile I need to know it. So please give me a good solution.

Thanks 

Hi Muhammad,

You can log in to your account and be able to easily switch between your freelancer, agency, and client account. If you would like to know if you and your wife can log in to your accounts using different devices, yes, you can. Please note, that you must log in to your account when working. Account sharing is a violation of Upwork ToS. Thank you! 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Muhammad W wrote:

I have same question here. 

Please help.

I have SEO work that needs only page loading. So can I login my profile in same time to check job and make proposal?

My another question is:

If I will get another hourly job. Can I do one work and my wife can do another work in same time? So main point of question is- it is possible to login 2 PC in same time? Or is it possible to time with 2 PC in same time?

For a carefulness for my profile I need to know it. So please give me a good solution.

Thanks 

You asked this in another thread and seemed to be saying that you and your wife would both log into your account. Your account can be banned for this. Your wife needs to get her own account. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members