🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Logout from all devices
Page options
habibzee1
Community Member

Logout from all devices

I need to ask about the mobile app. One of my recent used mobile device still getting notifications and messages even after changing the password of my upwork account. How can I logged out from all the devices I used before either a mobile or desktop?

36 REPLIES 36
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Habib,

All you need to do is to click Sign Out on either device, and you will be logged out from the app or the website. If you need further help let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Its long time ago I signed in through someone's mobile device through upwork mobile application but not signed out after use. Now the person sending me response when he get notifications of my upwork messages. I need help to sign out through his device. I have changed my password many times but he still receiving notifications or massages and sending me his response over client messages and he said he will hack my account. I have updated passwords security questions and all necessary stuff but he still getting notifications. Upwork should have option to sign out from all devices at one time. I need help with this issue I explored upwork community forum as well but not get my answers.

Hi Habib,

Is your friend using an Android phone or an IOS? Also he/she can uninstall the app from his/her mobile and when they download it again it wont sign in using your credentials.

~ Goran
Upwork

He has Android I think. I told you he is blackmaling I cannot ask him to uninstall the app and why would he do so on my demand.

Hi Habib, 

Our team signed you out from all devices, if you need further help with something feel free to reach out to me via PM with more details. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Habib, This is an interesting case and helpful to the community, in my opinion of course, where I live smartphones are getting stolen every single day, mine has not [yet], but we can never be safe, so I get your point, if you changed your password on a desktop, the mobile app that is "supposed" to be logged with the old password should not be getting or able to send messages. Is that correct?

I would like to know if this thread had been solved according to Goran 's message. But this is clearly a flaw in security that Upwork should take a deep look into.

Elba, The issue is still not resolved So,I raised a ticket as well on support.

Basically what I understand through this situation is the other person is getting notifications on his mobile and he is not be able to login the app. He is geting notification on an app which requires a login and password to reach the contents of account this is really a security issue. 
For now I have disabled the mobile notifications in settings, this might be work for me I am not sure about it but waiting for his next message with some information of my new notification.

OK, I've GOT to ask.... Why do you use some random's phone to log into your Upwork account and then fail to log out? Did you actually download the app on that person's device as well?

Why have you not gone to the Police if you're being threatened or blackmailed or whatever?

Petra, Using someone's phone was the need of time the only option I had. I want to raise a security issue so that Upwork can resolve it and other people must be safe in different cases. Now  I thought I might have resolved it by disabling mobile app notification from web interface and I am waiting for the results.

Why have you not gone to the Police if you're being threatened or blackmailed or whatever?

I thought better way is to resolve through Upwork. Police can do nothing here.

is there any feature to do it manually log out from all active devices?

Hi. How can I log out my account in my upwork mobile app? my phone was stolen. Thank you.

Hi Cristina,

We escalated this to our team and they were able to process your request.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm also in a similar state. Can you please log me out of all devices?

Hi Syed,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

can you guys do the same for me?

Hi Daniyal,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

The person is adtral projecting their spirit into your home to look at your password each time you change it. He is the demon putting pain and sickness on you. He is envious and is a witch.  God alone can help you with that because he puts his spirit into people to mess with you.

I want my upwork account to be logged out from all devices. I am receiving notifications that my account is being accessed by someone from a different city. Please help. I am changed the password but it doesn't help.

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out. When you change your password, please make sure you check this box below. That way you'll be logged out on all devices and log in with the new password will be required. You can check out a screenshot here. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I can't log in
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yeleul,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sir i get client offer notification. But when i open that my account do logout.
I login again what is this.
Or its new policy.tell me more
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, hope you are fine. I need signed out from all devices and on two step verification with cell phone SMS

My account was signed in from any device at today 10:01 so please logout me from everywhere 

Thank you 

Hi Shahid, 

Could you please try resetting your password and also, kindly check your email as our team has sent you an email with more information. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

• We have witches, people we know who sleep and astral project their spirits into our homes to look at our passwords, pins and codes.  They steal from us by messing with the timer when we work. The time you work is not tracked properly. They go in and decline your applications and archive them for youbto not get work. They also delay your work being sent off, put spirits on you to have writers block and block your email you send it off in. They block your account so you cant login and they block you from accessing your funds and delete emails you send to your employers among other things. No matter how you change the password their spirits are still in the house messing up your account. Only God can help because they project their spirits into people to not help you.
okghoury
Community Member

Same problem I'm going through in 2019. Upwork should do something for this issue seriously.
petra_r
Community Member

Owais K wrote:
Same problem I'm going through in 2019. Upwork should do something for this issue seriously.

Just change your password, which will log you out on all devices.

Screenshot_1.jpg

okghoury
Community Member

Petra thanks for your response. Although I did the same. But notifications keep pop up on log out devices.

petra_r
Community Member

Owais K wrote:

Petra thanks for your response. Although I did the same. But notifications keep pop up on log out devices.

Uninstall the app from those devices.

okghoury
Community Member

If this is the only solution. So it must be consider their have some glitches in upwork android app. & upwork should solve this issue on a priority basis. Thanks anyway.

2ef9a683
Community Member

Upwork should have session history or Log out from all devices option

Shiraz hi, I have another session opened in a friends laptop but cannot manage to close my account to let her use hers. Are you able to help me out loggin out all sesions?

Also, is there a way to manualy do it from my end considering we gonna switch in betwween usage every shifft? thanks 

Hi Daniel,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance on your account login concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths