Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loitering Clients

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
11 of 39

@Prashant P wrote:

@Petra:  It is not stupid, your comments are stupids.  Get a life, keep discussion civil.

I Heart irony.

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
12 of 39

@Tiffany S: I am happy that you loved it!

tlsanders
Community Guru
13 of 39

On a side note, you know potential clients can see these discussions, right?

bobafett999
Community Guru
14 of 39

Well Ms  R.  Per your comments ‘This issue has been discussed many time and clients don’t like it”…..Yes it might have been discussed many times because MANY freelancers felt the same way as I did and do.  As far as clients not liking it – you have no data.

Anecdotal evidence does not make a fact.

Take my post as an example, I have two kudos i.e. two others like the idea.  You have zero – el zippo kudo on this thread.  Does it mean no one likes what you say?

I agree with you, it is about $$$, but from Upwork’s point of view it is NOT your money.  It is about their money and their advertising bragging rights that trillions and trillions of jobs are posted and that makes us the king of freelancing world.

luce-neidert
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
15 of 39

I'm not going to name them, but there are people on this forum who seem to spend their days acting as nasty schoolteachers!

bobafett999
Community Guru
16 of 39

Yup.  With thousands and thousands of posts they need to change their names to 'Know it All'.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 39

@Prashant P wrote:

1) As far as clients not liking it – you have no data.

2) Anecdotal evidence does not make a fact.

3) Take my post as an example, I have two kudos i.e. two others like the idea.  You have zero – el zippo kudo on this thread.  Does it mean no one likes what you say?

4) I agree with you, it is about $$$, but from Upwork’s point of view it is NOT your money. 

1) Oh but I do.

2) Nope, but clients saying so (including client who have spent 100 k + saying so right here in the forum) and not posting jobs when this was tried years ago does make it fact.

3) Good grief, how incredibly pathetic. and really funny. You got two kudo... WOW, LOL.... You actually want to count Kudo? Seriously?

4) Of course it is about every successful freelancer's money. Every client who would have posted a job that would have made money for freelancers (and Upwork) but didn't because of restrictions that made them go elsewhere is a loss to those freelancers who would have made money from them. Doh. Not exactly rocket science, is it? Do you need it explained to you in more simple terms?

Funny how successful Freelancers don't tend to ask for stuff like that, they make it work for them. It's the ones who can't make it who try to find excuses and ways to blame Upwork for their failure.

bobafett999
Community Guru
18 of 39

@Petra R:  How did you extrapolate that I was blaming Upwork?  I guess you live in a world of fantasy where anecdotal evidences count as  facts, spend all your time writing about 14 thousand posts and as some one pointed out acting like a horrible school teacher - lecturing on every post.  My last post to you.  I wish this forum had 'ignore poster' button.

tlsanders
Community Guru
19 of 39

@Prashant P wrote:

@Petra R:  How did you extrapolate that I was blaming Upwork?  I guess you live in a world of fantasy where anecdotal evidences count as  facts, spend all your time writing about 14 thousand posts and as some one pointed out acting like a horrible school teacher - lecturing on every post.  My last post to you.  I wish this forum had 'ignore poster' button.

And yet, you have made $1,000 on this platform and Petra has earned more than $300,000 (while spending "all her time" writing forum posts, no less).

Doesn't that give you just the tiniest little inkling that you'd do better to listen to her than assume an air of false superiority and stubbornly cling to your failing methods?

bobafett999
Community Guru
20 of 39

@Tiffany:  A math lesson for you.  I have 15 post and made $1,000.  That is $66/post.  And now the other person has made $300,000 with about 14,000 posts.  That is about $21/post!  And you my dear have made $50,000 with 5,600 posts.  That equates to a measley $9/post! WOW!!!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS