Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loitering Clients

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
21 of 39

The concept of earnings per post is quite original. Most people I think would instead look at earnings per job. By that measure, Prashant, you're at $83/job, Tiffany is at $520/job, and Petra is a whopping $1620/job, while I happen to be at a 'measly' $154/job, but at least I make $12.50/post. Lastly, just to compare apples to apples, I found a freelancer from New York with 99% Job Success who does weebly sites and she's made $208/job, but based on Google image search, I don't think she's ever posted in community so her earnings per post would be infinite.

Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
22 of 39

@John K:  You fell for the new math.  The new math was designed for 'Gurus' who have ample time in their hand, write thousands of not so useful posts, and go in a thread and 'kudo' other 'gurus' (I saw you meticulously went and scratched the back of your other 'gurus' ).   Why are you so ashamed that you have hidden your profile?. 

Now where is that ignore 'Gurus' button?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
23 of 39

@Prashant P wrote:

Now where is that ignore 'Gurus' button?

You're just looking for the wrong label. That's the "stubbornly cling to failure" button.

luce-neidert
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
24 of 39

Prashant, you can see most people's profile from somewhere else. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
25 of 39

@Prashant P wrote:

@Tiffany:  A math lesson for you.  I have 15 post and made $1,000.  That is $66/post.  And now the other person has made $300,000 with about 14,000 posts.  That is about $21/post!  And you my dear have made $50,000 with 5,600 posts.  That equates to a measley $9/post! WOW!!!

I'm not at all sure what this bizarre calculation is about.

Shall we also discuss how many dollars we've earned in comparison to flowers we've planted or sandwiches we've eaten, since that is exactly as relevant as the comparison to forum posts?

yitwail
Community Guru
26 of 39

Prashant, don't feel you have to respond to this, I don't want to contribute to decreasing your earnings to post ratio.

My profile is private because it's nobody's business but the clients'. There's nothing in there I'm ashamed of, nor do I feel a need to flaunt it. And it would give me great pleasure if Upwork dropped the 'guru' moniker and changed it to something utilitarian, like 'freelancer contributor'. Lastly, regarding 'back scratching', I post in the community for 3 reasons: to offer assistance to others when I may, give Upwork constructive criticism, and for my own amusement. On occasion, a single post may even accomplish multiple objectives.

27 of 39

See I was correct about 'Gurus' kudoing each other......John K the other 'Ample Time in Hand Guru' just kudoed your post.

using ignore guru button

Tiffany give up.  Wrestling with me is like wrestling with pigs in mud.  Soon you will realize that pigs are enjoying it!

yitwail
Community Guru
28 of 39

Prashant, I added one more sentence to my previous note, while you were writing yours, which you might want to examine. Anyhow, I can't speak for other gurus, only myself, but I've received 6488 kudos while handing out approximately 15000 kudos, so I'm generous with kudos, and do not favor gurus over anyone else. Futhermore, one of the gurus with the highest kudo totals has never kudoed me to my recollection, although I do kudo that person's posts now & then. And lastly, as far as I know, all it takes to be designated a 'guru' is to exceed a certain number of posts, so on average one is more likely to kudo a guru than not, simply because they post more.

29 of 39

@Prashant P wrote:

Tiffany give up.  Wrestling with me is like wrestling with pigs in mud.  Soon you will realize that pigs are enjoying it!

Prashant, I think you misunderstand my intentions. I know a lost cause when I see one, and don't expend energy on those determined to fail their way.

I respond for the benefit of new freelancers who might not know any better than to take advice from the ill-informed and unsuccessful.

bobafett999
Community Guru
30 of 39

@Tiffany S and @John K gurus:

You don't know me.  If You want to know more about me go and visit my personal website.  Making money on Upwork is not a priority in my life. In my space clients are looking for $2/hr lowest priced people.  

Keep up posting, soon you will hit that magic 20,000 post mark.  They will then give you 'Mahatma' title.  They may even name a bathroom in their building after you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS