🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Long Term Client Algorithm
Page options
richardrader
Community Member

Long Term Client Algorithm

I was just checking on my stats and it seems my long-term client percent jumped from 23% to 40%. Was there a recent algorithm update on this stat? Or perhaps this number is based on a rolling 12 month basis, and my one timers just fell off the 12 month cliff? I am guessing the latter, but just though I would check.

3 REPLIES 3
carloslobo28
Community Member

It means you have now 40% long term clients instead of 23%, that was updated not the algorithm.

petra_r
Community Member

Richard R wrote:

I was just checking on my stats and it seems my long-term client percent jumped from 23% to 40%. Was there a recent algorithm update on this stat? 

It's a completely, utterly meaningless metric as it changes depending on the contracts you have open at any given time. When you get a couple of new clients, it goes down. When smaller, shorter contracts end, it goes up.

In itself, it does absolutely nothing to absolutely nothing and you can simply ignore it.

tlbp
Community Member

Richard R wrote:

I was just checking on my stats and it seems my long-term client percent jumped from 23% to 40%. Was there a recent algorithm update on this stat? Or perhaps this number is based on a rolling 12 month basis, and my one timers just fell off the 12 month cliff? I am guessing the latter, but just though I would check.

I think it is a lifetime stat and is based on the most recent payment from the long-term client. So, if you had a client several months ago who returns and pays you for a project, the number may go up. Of course, if you have fewer clients total and more of them are long-term (e.g. you took fewer new projects) the number will go up as well. Mine rose after the most recent set of hours cleared. I assume it is because one of my ongoing contracts just entered the "long-term" zone. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths