Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Term Client

kamran-5
Ace Contributor
Kamran Mustafa S Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
1 of 17

I want to know about long term clients statistcs that upwork count an consider any client as a long term client !

I have started working on upwork about 3-4 months ago and 2 of my clients are continusly in touch for regular assignments, but my profile stats page is showing 0% long term client, so I want to know...how much it should be long so upwork will consider it ? and also mention if there are any other things to take care of ....

Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 17

Hi Kamran Mustafa,

Of the clients you’ve worked with in the past year, this metric shows the percentage of clients you worked with and received regular payments from for at least three months. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 17

Valeria, are you saying that if two freelancers start contracts with the same client for the same amount of money on the same day and complete them on the same day 3 months later, but one chose to be paid in full on completion and the other broke the project into milestones that involved payment in each month, the later would get credit for a "long term client" and the former wouldn't?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 17

Tiffany,

I won't be able to share details about how this metric is calculated as it may result in some users abusing the system. It does take into the consideration activity on the job and payments in order to determine if it's a long-term relationship or not.

~ Valeria
Upwork
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 17

@Valeria K wrote:

Tiffany,

I won't be able to share details about how this metric is calculated 

It looks like you already did.

kamran-5
Ace Contributor
6 of 17

I got another related question, 

which one will be counted as long term client from folowing:

1- Adding milestones for new jobs in one contract and take it to some months (1 contract with many milestones)

2- same client but every time he post new job and invite same freelancer to work on ...... instead of adding mileston he create new contract. 
according me, it will be 1st (one contract with many milestones) 

but if you guide me a bit about it I will be clear on it!

Thanks

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 17

Hi Kamran, 

Long-term relationships are both multiple contracts with one client, or an ongoing hourly or fixed-price contract.

~ Avery
Upwork
kamran-5
Ace Contributor
8 of 17

Thanks

mostafaamin91
Mostafa A Member Since: Dec 5, 2017
9 of 17

but for me , a lot of my clients do not pay regulary , instead of paying for each video at a time ,  they just wait a month or two & pay for the total .. which is totally fine by me ( they are really honest people & they always delever the payment evantually) would the system count the in-between periods as if nothing is happening ? would that affect my stats ? 

jfrousseau
Jacobus Frederick R Member Since: Jun 11, 2020
10 of 17

Hi From Sabang Island,

I have completed 5 assignments for a client over a period of three months. Does this count as a long-term client on my stats? Please let me know.

Thank you and warm regards,

Freddie. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS