🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Long Term Clients
Page options
timefighter11
Community Member

Long Term Clients

Just curious,

how much percentage of long term clients people  have ?

3 REPLIES 3
snusilda
Community Member

I have 50% now. It dropped quickly after I switched from virtual assistance to design. I was working as a virtual assistant since May 2019 and during all this time only had 4 clients, since all the projects were either long-term or old clients kept coming back with new tasks. I wasn't a full-time freelancer so didn't need more work anyways. A month ago or so I decided to switch to design, and already had 3 new clients since then for short-term projects. I'm starting to miss long-term projects, as with short-term you don't really get the opportunity to get to know the clients well and build trusting partnerships. But with design it appears to be not that easy to find them, at least for now. 

That's really cool  !!! 
It's been quite a while since I seek for new client as I have good working relation with my old clients and keep doing the work for one of them or another everyday.   Just today I checked my long term clients indicator and it was 50%. I just don't know if it was above or below before as  I don't really check these things oftenly. 🙂  
How is your method to retain your clients @Oleksandra  ?

I don’t know what is the average, but I’d say it depends on the kind of work you do to a big extent. I never searched for long-term projects on purpose, but all my virtual assistant clients appeared to be long-term. I imagine in some other areas the projects tend to be long-term as well, for example, in SMM, copywriting, project management. Other areas, such as design&illustration, translations, legal services, I imagine tend to have more short-term projects because it's something people might just need to be done once. Not saying that long-term projects don't exist in those areas, of course Smiley Happy but there might be a lower number of them being posted in general. That's only my personal opinion though.

As to what I do to retain my clients, well nothing special really. Never did anything on purpose at least. I just try to do my best and always over-deliver, go an extra mile for the client, take initiative whenever possible and communicate in a nice&friendly way. I guess they like that Smiley Very Happy What about you?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths