cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Term Inactive Contract

Wanderson S Member Since: May 16, 2017
1 of 9

Hi there,

So, I recently learned that, I have a few long-term but inactive contracts open on my profile, and they are affecting my JSS score. BUT, most of these clients has completely disappeared, some left the room and I've tried to contact them several occasions but to no avail. What should I do in this situation.

Best Regards,

Wanderson

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 9

Close them - one every two weeks or more.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 9

@Wanderson S wrote:

So, I recently learned that, I have a few long-term but inactive contracts open on my profile, and they are affecting my JSS score. BUT, most of these clients has completely disappeared, some left the room and I've tried to contact them several occasions but to no avail. What should I do in this situation.

Best Regards,

Wanderson

They affect your JSS only if either nothing was ever paid on the contract or you have a significant percentage of such contracts. 

I'd look at your private feedback percentage for the reason your JSS is slipping beore blaming inactive contracts. There also appear to be a few contracts that were started and never resulted in any earnings (yet?) such as cancelled / ended before any work was done / refunded / inactive without anything paid for a long time. Those also hurt your JSS.

Contracts with money paid, open / idle / closed don't tend to have an effect unless excessive.

4 of 9

Well, my private feedback is fine, actually it's great, I think the reason why this is still happening is because I have like 8 inactive contracts, some are over 1 year old.

Community Guru
5 of 9

@Wanderson S wrote:

Well, my private feedback is fine, actually it's great, I think the reason why this is still happening is because I have like 8 inactive contracts, some are over 1 year old.

Really? What is it? (Look on your "My Stats" page for "clients who would recommend percentage)

No. Again. The inactive contracts would only affect you if nothing was ever paid on them or if you had a significant percentage of such contracts.

6 of 9

Well, I am sorry I don't know what you want me to say, I already did that. So.

But thanks anyway!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 9

Hi Wanderson, 

I would recommend closing a contract or two every two weeks, while completing new contracts will help avoid creating a pattern of contracts without feedback.

-Avery
Untitled
Eugene G Member Since: Dec 23, 2018
8 of 9

So I break my JSS by closing inactive contracts in a row? And in case if I close active, inactive, active, inactive, It's OK? That's what I should focus on to keep rating?

Community Guru
9 of 9

Eugene G wrote:

So I break my JSS by closing inactive contracts in a row?

Not necessarily, you just don't really want a huge percentage of contracts that closed without feedback or a wall of them at the top of your profile, it doesn't look great. It also does not matter if you close active or inactive contracts (why in the world would you close an active contract anyway? - Active contracts are contracts you are working on...

If you have too many inactive contracts for your liking, get the clients to close them or, if the clients have become completely unresponsive, just close one every once in a while and don't worry about it.

Ideally you want to encourage clients to end contracts so you don't pile up the inactive ones in the first place.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS