🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Long Term Virtual Assistant
Page options
hiremenow77
Community Member

Long Term Virtual Assistant

Hi everyone,

I just want to ask.. how to politely contact or approach my current client asking for more responsibility? I meant more works from her... Coz I get finished her given task easily. I get bored. This is a long term FYI and my job is exactly outreach. This is our first month of working together.

What does she feel if I ask her like this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
maemargaretm
Community Member

Just go ahead and ask her. Clients sometimes need follow-ups as well when it comes to assigning tasks. A simple, "I've finished the task earlier than expected. Do you have more work for me?" will do.  

Thanks mate

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Jerico B wrote:

I just want to ask.. how to politely contact or approach my current client asking for more responsibility? I meant more works from her... Coz I get finished her given task easily. I get bored. This is a long term FYI and my job is exactly outreach. This is our first month of working together.

Definitely don't tell your client that you're "bored" - that would be quite rude and insulting, as well as not being her problem. If you have additional skills, you could say something like, "I also wanted to mention that I can do ______, ______, and ______, in case you ever need tasks like this to be completed." But if you simply aren't receiving enough work, then you shouldn't nag your client about it, because one of the main reasons for hiring a freelancer is that a client doesn't HAVE to provide you with a specific number of hours. Just apply for other jobs in the marketplace if you don't feel that you're busy enough.

Of course I will not... Thanks mate! Have a good day! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths