Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Term relationships and JSS!

m_acc_des
Community Guru
Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
1 of 35

Hi all,

I have been wondering for a long time about this situation, what if I work with a client for about 1 year, and he pays me for hours worked on a daily basis, but.. After 2 years had passed we decided to end the contract for any reason, just for the sake of the example lets say I will travel and will not be available to work every day. so the client ends the contract and gave me 2 stars! not because I asked to end the contract but because this is what he thinks of my service quality!.

Again I have worked with this client for 2 years, and he paid me every day! that meant he was satisfied right?, so, does this 2 stars count in the JSS as a same 2 stars for a fixed price job that ended in a day or two?

Thanks.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 35

You don't have any 2-star feedback on your profile,and you don't have any jobs you've been working on for a year showing.

m_acc_des
Community Guru
3 of 35

@Tiffany S wrote:

You don't have any 2-star feedback on your profile,and you don't have any jobs you've been working on for a year showing.

It is an imaginary situation Tiffany 🙂 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 35

The JSS is impacted more heavily by the outcome of long term projects.... for better or for worse.

As was pointed out, you don't have any 2 star feedback or contracts that are 2 years old so what is the point?

@Mohammed G wrote:
@Tiffany S wrote:

It is an imaginary situation Tiffany 🙂 

Really? Well, the answer is: in your imaginary situation your profile is essentially beeped and dead in the water.

Does that help?

m_acc_des
Community Guru
5 of 35

@Petra R wrote:

The JSS is impacted more heavily by the outcome of long term projects.... for better or for worse.

What?! really?, then a 2 star rating in a long term project is worse that a 2 star rating in a short term one? how does this make sense?

Thanks for the reply.

petra_r
Community Guru
6 of 35

@Mohammed G wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

What?! really?, then a 2 star rating in a long term project is worse that a 2 star rating in a short term one? how does this make sense?

Thanks for the reply.

It makes perfect sense. Of course the outcome of a high value, long term contract should weigh more heavily that some $ 10 nonsense.

m_acc_des
Community Guru
7 of 35

It makes perfect sense. Of course the outcome of a high value, long term contract should weigh more heavily that some $ 10 nonsense.

In my opinion a bad rating for a long term contract does not make any sense!, If the client figured out after 1 month for instance that my service is not good for him, why did he continue paying me for another whole year?!.

Is it normal to buy an apple every day for 1 year then you say " Ohh it was hell bad "?.

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 35

@Mohammed G wrote:

In my opinion a bad rating for a long term contract does not make any sense!,

Chances are you'll learn eventually.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 35

@Mohammed G wrote:

In my opinion a bad rating for a long term contract does not make any sense!, If the client figured out after 1 month for instance that my service is not good for him, why did he continue paying me for another whole year?!.

Is it normal to buy an apple every day for 1 year then you say " Ohh it was hell bad "?.

If you're buying an apple every day for a year, then in the last week all the apples have worms in them, then sure.

It is extremely unlikely that an ongoing contract for a year would suddenly end with bad feedback. There would have been warning signs or another layer to this story.

I also don't understand what you're getting at with this hypothetical situation. It is very unusual for someone to post here with a completely hypothetical question that has no relevance to them at all. Why are you asking this question, really?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 35

Jennifer, there is one situation that seems to occur fairly often (it's happened to me two or three times in the roughly year and a half I've been on Upwork, and I've seen several others mention it): a freelancer works long-term with a client who is very satisfied with his/her work, and then that person abruptly leaves his position, leaving the closing of the contract and the rating to someone the freelancer never actually worked with, or has worked with for only a few weeks versus a long-term relationship with the predecessor.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS