Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Term relationships and JSS!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
31 of 35

Mohammed G wrote:

Let us talk ligically, Upwork MUST have a way to " prove " the rating of the client, for instance a client gave a freelancer a 1 star rating because he once talked to him in a bad way, but this freelancer delivered good quality jobs! Then the rating of this freelancer Must be a 1 star for manners ( very obvious ) and 4 or 5 for quality and skills right?, how do upwork know that all clients rate the freelancers this way?

My very clear 2 questions: What if a client tries to punish a freelancer with the rating on purpose? and how to assure that clients rating are fair

No. Upwork does not have to “prove” any feedback. Feedback is the opinion of those leaving the feedback. That’s it.  

Upwork does not not interfere with feedback and nor should it.

There is is no star rating for manners.

There is no way to ensure that feedback “is fair”

You are running your your own business here. If you need a nanny and someone to play referee over feedback you are in the wrong place, that does not and will not happen here.

If you are so frightened of bad feedback simply don’t take on contracts that are bigger than you can afford to refund, or work in the brick and mortar world.

Obviously by only working with one client and not taking other contracts you make yourself very vulnerable, as a bad outcome of that contract would wipe you out. But ultimately that is your own choice.

m_acc_des
Community Guru
Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
32 of 35

@Petra R wrote:

@Mohammed G wrote:

No. Upwork does not have to “prove” any feedback. Feedback is the opinion of those leaving the feedback. That’s it.  

** That is your own opinion, You don`t have to force other people to accept it.

** Again that is your own opinion.

** I know that. It was just an example.

There is no way to ensure that feedback “is fair”

You are running your your own business here. If you need a nanny and someone to play referee over feedback you are in the wrong place, that does not and will not happen here.

If you are so frightened of bad feedback simply don’t take on contracts that are bigger than you can afford to refund, or work in the brick and mortar world.

** Of course I don`t need a nanny ( I did not like this word at all and consider it an insult ), and I am doing great here, and hope to do even better and better, and I guess you are not the owner of the place to decide what is right and what is wrong of people`s opinions!

Obviously by only working with one client and not taking other contracts you make yourself very vulnerable, as a bad outcome of that contract would wipe you out. But ultimately that is your own choice.

** I am already working with 3 different clients, all are long term contracts, so I did not choose to work with just one. Your last phrase is the most correct thing you said from the beginning of the conversation. Thanks a million for your help.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
33 of 35

Hi Mohammed,

Please, refer to the article 3.6 of the User Agreement for more information of the purpose of feedback on Upwork:

"Upwork provides this feedback system as a means through which Users can share their opinions publicly and Upwork does not monitor or censor these opinions.  You acknowledge and agree that posted composite or compiled feedback and any JSS relate only to the business advertised in the Freelancer Profile and not to any individual person."

~ Valeria
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
34 of 35

@Mohammed G wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

@Mohammed G wrote:

1) ** That is your own opinion, You don`t have to force other people to accept it.

2) ** Again that is your own opinion.

3) ** I know that. It was just an example.

1) No, it is a fact and how Upwork works. If you bothered reading the Terms of Service you'd understand that.

2) No, it is a fact and how Upwork works. If you bothered reading the Terms of Service you'd understand that.

3) Pointless.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
35 of 35

@Mohammed G wrote:

@Jennifer D wrote:

@Mohammed G wrote:

And is it fair to leave a negative feedback for a whole year`s work because the last week was bad?!,

What are you hoping to achieve? Do you want Upwork to change something?

Actually yes, I think it fair to let the client leave a negative feedback as long as the contract does not exceed 3 months, once it passes 3 months that means the client is very satisfied with the work delivered by the freelancer ( I am talking about hourly contracts of course ). In this case the general feedback is set automatically to be at least good.

No, it doesn't.

I have several contracts in place right now to translate an entire group of websites into new languages I haven't previously supported before. Those freelancers have each worked hundreds of hours. Let's say one of those freelancers, after working 500 hours, suddenly walks away from the contract for some reason. They just say "I'm no longer available for this contract" and walk, and don't respond to my messages asking why or if there's something we can work out.

Now I'm suddenly in the middle of a very large project with hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars of sunk cost, and I have to find a replacement freelancer, who then has to work through the files the other one had been working on and figure out what was outstanding, and build a kind of "dictionary" of the terms they'd used frequently for specific concepts etc. It's a waste of time and money. 

How do you propose I rate the freelancer who walked away?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS