Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Long term job relationship with JSS

jlipoczi
Judit L Member Since: Oct 12, 2018
1 of 3

Hi there,

I have a question because I'm a little bit confused. I work for a client since last October, and this is an ongoing project, and it will last for 6 more months at least. She pays me with Milestones every week. My JSS dropped really low previously because of some clients who disappeared, didn't reply to my messages and didn't leave reviews at all, and I also had to wait for the 14 days to get my payment. 

So I read that if I have a long term job it will increase me JSS. It's been almost 4 months since I work for that client, but my JSS hasn't been increased. 

Someone could explain to me how does it work?

Thanks

hodgesh
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
2 of 3

No one but Upwork knows how it works. I don't know why you say that the long-term contract hasn't increased your JSS. How would you know? There's no way to separate it from the other things that affect your JSS.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3 of 3

OP only has 4 reviews total out of 10 jobs and one of them is  4-star across the board. I would bet she's in the 'excessive amount of no review contracts' territory. It's going to take awhile, and some really good reviews to change that score.

Long-term contracts positively impact your JSS but are calculated on a percentage basis. On the stats page, you'll see a percentage of long-term contracts. I *think* that anything over 25% helps my score (just guessing based on my own score fluctuations). However, I noticed that the impact is diminished after the percentage reaches over 40% or so. But again, it could just be that other factors were in play of which I was unaware. 

ETA: In my opinion, clients who are paying a very low fee per article are working in a volume business where every dollar and minute counts. They aren't interested in reviewing or paying for content prior to the 14-day deadline or leaving feedback. Neither of these actions profit the client.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS