🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Long term job review and upwork fees query
Page options
muhammadashir_79
Community Member

Long term job review and upwork fees query

I have a long-term client and he adds milestone every week. My question is when will he be able to leave a review on my profile or if he ends this job to leave a review and hires me again will my upwork fees will go up again to 20% as I have earned more than $500 earning fromt this client.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

You may be able to request feedback during a contract with your client if:

• 30 days have passed since the start of the contract 
  • There was a payment on the contract in the previous 30 days
  • Feedback has not been provided in the past  30 days (using the date that the feedback was last provided, not the date that the feedback was requested)

Check out this post from Lena that contains more details on how this works.

Regarding the fee, the calculation applies for the lifetime billings for all contracts you've ever had with a client, meaning that if the contract ends and the client decides to hire you again, the amount you've earned with that client is what's considered for the fee calculation. Here's a help article that further explains it.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sjbercot
Community Member

It won't go up to 20%, it's per client not contract, so you're fine there. Your client can also rate you now if you like, there's a blue Feedback button on the contract page for that job that you can click on. This rating doesn't affect your JSS, it's just stars. If you want a rating that affects your JSS, the client will have to close the contract, rate you on that contract, and reopen one. The only downside to this is it's extra work for the client, and personally I avoid giving them extra work, but it's up to you.

LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

You may be able to request feedback during a contract with your client if:

• 30 days have passed since the start of the contract 
  • There was a payment on the contract in the previous 30 days
  • Feedback has not been provided in the past  30 days (using the date that the feedback was last provided, not the date that the feedback was requested)

Check out this post from Lena that contains more details on how this works.

Regarding the fee, the calculation applies for the lifetime billings for all contracts you've ever had with a client, meaning that if the contract ends and the client decides to hire you again, the amount you've earned with that client is what's considered for the fee calculation. Here's a help article that further explains it.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members