🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Looking for freelancers to interview abou...
Page options
khaiqn
Community Member

Looking for freelancers to interview about personal productivity

Hi!

I hope that I am not violating any rules here. If I do, please let me know and I will remove the post immediately. I just think that Upwork is a really nice community, and there is no better place to talk to freelancers!

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you so much!

7 REPLIES 7
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Offering any kind of payment outside of Upwork is a violation of the Terms of Service, and the mods will probably remove this anyway since it's technically "advertising."

You might be able to post it as a job if it's in the appropriate category, but you would have to actually pay people through Upwork, not in gift cards. But then you run into the whole issue of "are the results of a paid survey really valid?"

Thank you so much for your reply!

By any chance, do you know any other ways for me to connect to freelancers? Technically this is not a job and we are not really allowed to pay people through Upwork. I am also not trying to advertise my service or anything, but simply want to talk to people. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Khai:

You ARE allowed to conduct surveys like this on Upwork.

I have participated in interviews and surveys such as this, both as a survey-taker/interviewee and also as a survey-conductor/interviewer.

These need to be done on the main Upwork.com website, however.

Not in the Community Forum.

Ohh thank for your reply! 

By the Upwork website, you mean through the job posting or through the messages function? I looked at the Upwork website at first, but I couldn't find any reasonable place to post, so I decided to post it here instead.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 
I had to remove some posts in this thread as it violates our Community Guidelines

Hi Khai, 
I had to edit your post because it violates our Community Guidelines. I know this is an honest mistake, but please know that we have guidelines in place, and I would request that you adhere to them when posting in the Community. If you need participants for your survey, you can post a job in the Upwork marketplace so that users who are interested to participate in your survey can send you a bid/proposal. Here's also more information on how you can post a job on Upwork. 

Since you currently have a freelancer account, you need to create a client account to be able to post a job. Please refer to this help article for more information on how you can setup a client account from your freelancer account. 

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask. Our team is here to help you!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey Avery - for future reference I want to know how my two comments you deleted violated the terms? I checked out the link and see no reference.

We all know about Upwork social platforms and that many how many of us meet each other and is a great resource. Upwork post on all these platforms daily which we can all comment and discuss ideas. So I am confused about why me sharing that I connect with fellow freelancers on social platforms was a violation of community guidelines?

My second post noted that you can message people through here as well. Again no reference to how that is against the guidelines. 

Neither of these comments did I say you nor encourage hiring people through these means of communication. That would against community guidelines. I clearly said connect with each other. 

Lila

Hi Lila, 

I apologise if I was unable to notify you privately ahead of your post about removing your posts from this thread. I will go ahead and send you a private message with more information. I wanted to clarify that connecting with each other through the Community is allowed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths