🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Looks like I was billed 15% instead of 10% on...
Page options
cmanzoni
Community Member

Looks like I was billed 15% instead of 10% on $1000 contract

To upwork support - My most recent project had a total billing of $1,000.02, and it looks like the UpWork fees billed were $150. Why is this? I was expecting that since the lifetime billings is over $500, then I should be paying only a 10% fee = $100. Can someone fix this please?

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Nothing to fix.

You were charged 20% on the first $ 500

You were charged 10% on the rest.

Makes $ 150

theferal
Community Member

I have the same problem. $1000 proposal and I get $850. Can someone look into it for me please. See attached screenshot. I see the above reply, but I can't see anywhere where it says that. All I can see is that once you pass $500 it goes from 20% to 10%.

petra_r
Community Member

Rick T wrote:

I have the same problem. 

You don't actually have a problem either, and the solution is the same, too.

Rick T wrote:

All I can see is that once you pass $500 it goes from 20% to 10%.

Yes, on the amount above $ 500

Hence 20% on the first $ 500,

then 10% on the rest.

Rick T wrote:

Can someone look into it for me please. 

Nothing to look into.

You can read more about it here

• What fees do you charge?

We charge a service fee, taken as a percentage of your earnings on Upwork. It is a sliding fee based on your lifetime billings with each client (across all hourly and fixed-price contracts):

• 20% for the first $500 you bill your client across all contracts with them
    • 10% for total billings with your client between $500.01 and $10,000
    • 5% for total billings with your client that exceed $10,000

For example, if you agree to a $1,000 price for a job with a new client, you will be billed 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $500. 

theferal
Community Member

Thanks for your reply.

zainhanif73
Community Member

To upwork support- I have submitted 5-6 proposals but I get 0 response from each of them, don't know whats the problem. My proposals were also good and I submitted all of them at first but still, no one interviews me. When I tried to watch my proposal section from android its showing "Sorry Something went wrong. Please try again or contact support" 

Can You Please Look Into My Account?

Thanks.

Hi Zain,

I checked but could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser or computer to check if you are still experiencing the same issue? Please let us know if you are still unable to see your proposals so that we can assist you further. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

I Did It But The Issue Is Still Not Resolved For Android App.

Zain H wrote:

I Did It But The Issue Is Still Not Resolved For Android App.

Use a computer.

Also, this has nothing to so with fee percentages.

oky

Hi Zain,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members