🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Looks like a client lost access to his accoun...
Page options
shivafernandes
Community Member

Looks like a client lost access to his account, he sent me a "job proposal" from another account.

A active client of mine, seems to have lost access to his account.
I've checked our contract and it doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it, payment method seems okay, contract is not paused or suspended.

So, is there any rule about me not replying this client on their new account? We were working very closely together, so I can see how some days without we chatting to each other may bother them. 

So in short, am I breaking any rule if I reply this "job invitation" that is just a way for me and them to keep communicating?

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Shiva S wrote:

A active client of mine, seems to have lost access to his account.
I've checked our contract and it doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it, payment method seems okay, contract is not paused or suspended.

So, is there any rule about me not replying this client on their new account? We were working very closely together, so I can see how some days without we chatting to each other may bother them. 

So in short, am I breaking any rule if I reply this "job invitation" that is just a way for me and them to keep communicating?

I would be concerned why he lost his account. 

My understanding is that he just lost the password, and can't get back in
the account is, as far as I know, still working perfectly.

petra_r
Community Member

Shiva S wrote:

You want to check with Upwork Support because if the client is contacting you from a different account (!) there would be a violation of the terms of service.

So, how should I go about it?

This is a hourly contract which is still going, we already worked for 40 hours so far.
We have a "shared google slide" where he has left me a message telling me to reply to his other account.

Should I just leave him a message on the google slide telling I can't reply to the other account, and will be only able to resume working if he recovers his "main one"?

Thanks!

The client is not allowed to HAVE any "other account"

Get the client to contact Support and sort out his password or whatever went wrong. (It's very simple to reset the password...) If the client gets suspended for having a duplicate account, you could end up getting suspended as well.

In the meantime, if the contract is active, you are free to keep working on it and communicating with the client however you want (EXCEPT for on a duplicate account).

Hi Shiva,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the client you are referring to? Please include screenshots of messages you received from this client along with any other information you find useful.

I will be sure to look into your report and assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, I did send you the two prints of communication I've received from the client:

the "Job Interview" from his second account, and a message he left on the Google Slides file we work on. I didn't include any prints from the UpWork Message System because he didn't send anything there ever since Friday (my time).

Thank you! Tell me if you need something else.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members