🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Loom video link in cover letter
Page options
mdtaif6
Community Member

Loom video link in cover letter

Hello, I need to know this badly. I heard many YouTubers saying that making a video with loom extension about my capability of doing the job and giving the link to the client can boost the possibility of getting the job. Now, my question is, Can I really share loom video link? Will this affect my account in any way? pls, someone tell me. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Taif,

If these links contain samples of your previous work then, yes, you can share your external portfolios. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are allowed to do that.

It will not affect your profile.

SHOULD you do that?
WILL it help you?
It depends on the client. And the type of work.

Your profile says you are a graphic artist.

I have hired dozens of graphic artists and illustrators on Upwork. I can assure you that I would never look at a video if a candidate sent a video link in a proposal. Because I am hiring artists for static art, not video makers or animators. So I mainly look at their portfolios and nothing else. But that's just me. I don't speak for all clients.

JoanneP

Hi Taif,

If these links contain samples of your previous work then, yes, you can share your external portfolios. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1997amin
Community Member

But is it ok to use the loom video link during the interview? I use the integrated loom option on Upwork.

6629bd64
Community Member

I also need help. Client requirement is, ''To stand out from other applicants, please include a link to a brief screen share video (preferably using Loom) in your application, outlining your plan for VoiceDrop.ai and how you can help us accelerate our SEO growth''
What should i do? i need help?

kaplar
Community Member

Hi! Topic seems old, but it might be good enough. 

I also installed loom chrome extension because I dont know how to use loom integrated with upwork. (might be better to use that one??)
I use it to record a tab with job posting, addressing that particular job posting, saying what I can do to help the client. 
I get "Hi there. Remember to keep communications on Upwork until your contract starts. It’ll help you stay safe from  scams, plus it’s against our Terms of service to do it any other way." message. 

I am afraid that I dont get in some sort of violation, since I am sharing a loom video link, but then again, I dont offer any means of outside communication, rather I just discuss the job posting and thats it. 

Am I safe?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members