cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connects due to unresponsive client

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 14

Hi Jawid,

Connects are only returned if the client or Upwork cancels the job without a hire. Connects aren't returned when the freelancer withdraws their proposal.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Jawid D Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
12 of 14

Thank you.

Let's say if i applied for a particular job and the client has not been responsive for more than 2 months.

Does upwork cancels the job or is there a speciffic time frame to wait for the response of the client?

Regards

Jawid

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 14

Jawid,

A job posting is closed automatically if there is no activity on it for more than 30 days. Connects aren't returned to freelancers in such cases because the cancellation falls into the next billing cycle for their Membership.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
Milan R Member Since: Jul 20, 2016
14 of 14

I wasn't investigating thousands of other posts and freelancers, I made research on my own account. Which is a valid sample in statistics to give my point of view. 

And since this post, yes Upwork changed his model, but not to suit me, but other freelancers including me. I'm not enyone, like you, like some other person, we are nothing on this planet, but together we are something. That's why Upwork changed some of things since then. I'm not sure how much, as I'm not sending propossals anymore. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS