Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 8 JS points thanks to incompetent messaging system

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natalia G Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
1 of 18

I have missed 20 days of invitations to interview, job offers and messages, which were spat out all at once a couple of days ago.

As a result, a contract was closed due to me now getting any messages, and my Job Success score went down from 96% to 88% for closing a contract and not responding to invitations.

In any case when I do receive an invitation, it gived me an error massage when I try to decline it.

It took me 4 months to get top rated status. Back to square one even though I made mor moenyt in the last 6 moths than even, with the best feedback.

THIS IS NOT OK. This already happened to other people (Natasa in particular).

Odesk, please fix my JS score back to what it should be.

Screenshot_2015-07-28-16-23-24.pngScreenshot_2015-08-05-04-54-14.pngScreenshot_2015-07-28-17-00-27.pngScreenshot_2015-07-28-17-01-09.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 18

You are going to get the generic answer where you are referred to the section which tells you what affects your JS scores...you know, the standard answer. And told that a, b, c, and d do not affect it significantly and snapshots are taken over a certain period and the best score used.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 18

I know...

I just had to say something, I know it's useless... Smiley Sad

I'm just so pissed off!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 18

I get you. My score went BOOM! And  only one thing had really changed, yet when I tried to find out about it, kept on getting the same generic BS. So....I have given up. I just carry on doing my thing.

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 18
Yeah. I am completely going to just forget about the JS score and just keep doing this thing. Hopefully clients will know better than to take it too seriously. ..
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
6 of 18

This NOT OK!

@Upwork - explain to me how come a freelancer who left this building about 3 months ago and has 7 ended contracts in total, 2 of them without feedback or rating, STILL has same JSS and Natalia's JSS drops to 88% because the messaging system is all screwed up? I know the other freelancer very well and know for a fact he/she is not applying or responding to any job invitations for the last three months. How is that fair to Natalia?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 18

Hi Natalia,

I am sorry about the issues with notifications and the way it affected you. I understand that you are very frustrated about it. Our engineers will make sure that going forward the notifications are delivered according to the settings. I will also check with the team regarding the issue you had with declining invitations.

Also, I would like to confirm that Job Success score includes outcomes of active or past contracts. It does not count communication between freelancer and client prior to the creation of a contract unless client decides to include that experience into their final feedback. We had this information confirmed with the team.

It's possible that the Job Success score of Natasa's friend didn't change if no contracts were closed recently and she doesn't have any open contracts without activity either. However, her responsiveness score would change if she hasn't been replyng to invitations and her profile is still set as available. Natalia has had contracts that ended recently and public and/or private feedback was provided.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 18

Hi Valeria, 

Thank you for replying. 

"However, her responsiveness score would change if she hasn't been replyng to invitations and her profile is still set as available."

This is one of the things that bothered me about the freelancer's JSS and why I reacted to Natalia's drop. The freelancer I mentioned earlier is no longer replying to any invitations, has two open contracts (both inactive), one of the fixed-price contracts was ended by Upwork not too long ago (has no feedback, no rating) and the profile is set as available. It goes without saying that something is wrong with the JSS. I find it incredibly unfair to the freelancers who work hard to keep their JSS week after week to be penalized, while others who are no longer active here are able to keep the same JSS after several weeks. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 18

It just happened again today. A bunch of invitations from days and days ago landed on my phone. It wouldn't even let me decline them they were so old "Cannot decline, please try again later".

After 2 weeks since my original post and CS ticket, nothing has been done: SHOCKER!

This is possibly the worst run website and buisiness I have EVER seen.

I AM OUT

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 18

Meanwhile, the other freelancer has still the same JSS, is still Top Rated, has the availability set to more than 30 hrs/week, is not working, not applying, not responding...

Well done, Upwork!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS