🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Lost Connects After Account Suspension
Page options
rebeccaanderson_
Community Member

Lost Connects After Account Suspension

Good morning, 

My account was suspended recently (I was never told why, but I think it was because I accidentally entered an expired credit card number a few times. Right after my card was declined, my account was suspended. Auto-save error. My bad!)

When my account was reactivated, I saw that all of my active proposals had been withdrawn. I can understand this.

I had approximately 30-45 active proposals that were withdrawn. I put a lot of time and energy into these. I also lost ALL of the connects that I used to create the proposals. Some of the proposals were written within half an hour of my acount being suspended (for no given reason).

Is there any way that I can see a refund on those connects or access more free ones? 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

I am skeptical to buy more connects because of the sensitivity of UpWork and how quickly (without warning) they suspend accounts. I have already lost time and money from this. But I also really love this platform.

Thanks for your help!

Rebecca

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

Active proposals are automatically withdrawn when a freelancer is suspended. Now when your account is resumed you can wait until the beginning of your next billing cycle for your Connects to refresh.

You can check your Connects history and billing cycle under Settings> Membership & Connects.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

Active proposals are automatically withdrawn when a freelancer is suspended. Now when your account is resumed you can wait until the beginning of your next billing cycle for your Connects to refresh.

You can check your Connects history and billing cycle under Settings> Membership & Connects.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members