🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Lost Rising Talent in less than 24 hours
Page options
dena-standley
Community Member

Lost Rising Talent in less than 24 hours

Yesterday, I received an email and a notice on Upwork that I had received Rising Talent Status.  The badge was on my profile.  I was very excited.  Today, when I noticed I still did not have my free connects, I went back to my profile and the badge was gone.  No contracts closed during those 24 hours, so I am not sure how I could have received negative feedback, and I certainly have not violated any of Upwork's terms.  Any idea what other reasons could cause this to happen in a 24-hour span?  Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
ambroz
Community Member

As I see you have 4 closed jobs with feedback, and I think this is enough for the JSS.

When your last contract was closed??

Anyway ... Probably I do not know everything about this status, but "Rising Talent" status seems I little strange for me. 

My last contract was closed on August 23, so before I was given Rising Talent.  It was also a great client who left a terrific review and we are scheduled to do more work together.

petra_r
Community Member

Dena S wrote:

Any idea what other reasons could cause this to happen in a 24-hour span?  Thanks.

Any canceled contracts or contracts that have been open for 2-3+ months with nothing (EVER) paid?

You appear to have accepted 9 contracts in total, would that be right? 5 are showing on your profile, which means money has been paid. What about the other 4? How long have they been open?

You'll probably get a JSS soon / imminently, but that would not happen until next Sunday anyway.

I have four active contracts and one that is complete but has not been paid.  Not sure that one would count for or against me, as the client has stopped communicating but it was there when I received my Rising Talent status.   Also, if it was removed because I was going to receive a JSS, do I just miss out on the 30 connects?  Also, what does a top eligible week mean?  I have only been on Upwork for a little over 3 weeks, but it says 0 eligible weeks.  

Dena S wrote:

Also, what does a top eligible week mean?  I have only been on Upwork for a little over 3 weeks, but it says 0 eligible weeks.  

It's the number of weeks in the past 16 weeks where you either had Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score above or equal to 90%.

To clarify, I have 4 ongoing contracts and 4 closed contracts.  One is still open, but just waiting on the client to respond.  One of my best customers is an ongoing contract.  Is that a problem?  Should I ask them to close the contract, ask politely for a review and then a new contract?  Does Upwork frown on ongoing contracts?  It seems that they shouldn't as they are making money on it.

Dena S wrote:

To clarify, I have 4 ongoing contracts and 4 closed contracts.  One is still open, but just waiting on the client to respond.  One of my best customers is an ongoing contract.  Is that a problem?  Should I ask them to close the contract, ask politely for a review and then a new contract?  Does Upwork frown on ongoing contracts?  It seems that they shouldn't as they are making money on it.

Ongoing contracts are NOT a problem, quite the opposite as long as some / any money is paid.

You'll probably get a JSS next Sunday anyway.

You can't have any eligible weeks as those mean weeks during which you had either the RT status or a JSS of 90% or more.

Thanks for clearing that up about ongoing contracts. Hopefully I will receive an answer soon.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dena, 

I checked your account and it looks like you already have an open ticket for your concern. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your ticket so that they can get back to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks.  Yes, I emailed support before I discovered the community forums.  I have read a lot about losing Rising Talent status, but no one seems to have accomplished that in less than 24-hours.  I would appreciate any feedback.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths