🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Lost Top Rated Status for Account Hold th...
Page options
aisenyi
Community Member

Lost Top Rated Status for Account Hold that I wasn't Notified Of

Hello, I've just received an email that my Top Rated status has been removed due to a recent hold on my account. I have never received any notitfication that my account has been put on hold so I am a bit confused when this happened. I've been using my account succesfully for the past 8 months and haven't had any issues with clients.

I am dissapointed because I've worked hard for my Top Rated status and for it to just get removed without any explanation is not fair. Please help. I haven't found a method to communicate with Upwork support staff directly so this is my only hope.

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aisenyi, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience on Upwork. I'll go ahead and look into your concern and come back here once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aisenyi, 

I apologize for the delay as I had to look into this further. Please proceed with your verification by going to your support ticket and following the instructions there. 

If you need further help regarding your verification, please don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread, and the team handling your case will assist you further. 

As for your Top Rated badge, once you complete the verification and the system finds that you continue to qualify for the badge, you should receive it within 48 to 72 hours. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rclabbao
Community Member

Hello I am bumping this thread as the same thing happened to me yesterday. So after account hold due to routine verification, I will be Top Rated once more after 48 to 72 hours? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ralph, 

It looks like you're already contacting the team through your open support ticket. Please know that tickets are addressed by the order they were received. Once the team has reviewed the documents you submitted, they will reach out to you with more information.

~ Avery
Upwork
rclabbao
Community Member

Hi, 

It says on this article: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007568141 that if a freelancer violated ToS, they will be contacted through email explaining the situation but I have not received anything nor notification in my UpWork account. 

I just happened to notice this since my Top Rated badge was removed and under 'My Stats' tab it says 'Recent Account Hold - 1'. But I cannot find any information about this. 

Is this normal procedure? It is my first time to receive this and I am really worried. 

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to share more information about your account status and to let you know about the further steps needed from your end. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
rclabbao
Community Member

Thank you Nikola. But just out of curiousity, is this your normal procedure? Proceeding in placing account hold on an account without prior or realtime notice about the situation? I doubt that is the case since I have read tons of posts and threads and this never happened. When an account hold happens (based on my understanding of the posts, threads and articles) you are providing an explanation.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths