🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Lost access to email
Page options
messaki
Community Member

Lost access to email

Hi, everyone!

It seems that the email I use in the Upwork account was connected to a domain I lost access to. So, I cannot access the settings to change it because it keeps saying that there was an email sent with instruction for access. Is there some way to change the email or send the confirmation message to another email?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erik,

Could you please send me a PM with the email address you have access to? I’ll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erik,

Could you please send me a PM with the email address you have access to? I’ll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello upwork team,
This is my friend's upwork account. My upwork account has **Edited for Community Guidelines** email and now this email is deleted so, i want to recover my upwork account to **Edited for Community Guidelines** email address. For verification i am sending you my adhar card number 6178 4907 6526 and if you want to more verification then i am ready to video or audio verication also.
Thank you!

Hi Ravi,

Please note that sharing your account information and having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to share more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4cc024a2
Community Member

Hello Bojan, I have the same problem. Can you please help me? I feel lost.

Hi Faysal,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
4cc024a2
Community Member

Hello Andrea, Thanks for the kind reply. This is a profile that I opened to get help. My actual profile's email acess is disabled and I also forgot the password of that profile. I need help to get that account back. I will close this account as soon as I get that issue resolved. I understand this is not the best practice as it's against Upwork T&C and I apologize for that.

Hi Md Faysal,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. It looks like the team has provided you with more information and instructions on how to resolve the issue via email. You can access the email associated with this account (You're currently using) or this support ticket here linked to your case. From there, you can easily coordinate with the team so you can proceed with your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4cc024a2
Community Member

Hello Arjay, I appreciate your response. Unfortunately, the support team is asking me to keep using my current account. The other account is valuable for me and it has my years of work. The email assigned with that profile was managed by another administrator and they disabled the email. That one is legitimately my account and I can provide any private information asked about it. 

8fc96df9
Community Member

I have the same issue as the other freelancers here, I cannot access my upwork account at all because I lost access to the email I signed up with. I made this temporary account (I know it is against the rules) to ask for help, and will delete right after I get access to my real account back. I woul appreciate support as their are jobs where I need to submit work, I must withdraw earnings and repsond to new proposals. Thank you

971bb7e4
Community Member

I am also having the exact same problem. I created an Upwork account that I never ended up using a while ago and since then, my email has been deleted (old school email). I created a new account because I forgot my password to my previous account and have no way of accessing the associated email in order to change the password. Please help!

Hi Jilian,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths