🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Lost access to number used in upwork acco...
Page options
juneleov71
Community Member

Lost access to number used in upwork account and two way verification is on.

I would like to ask for support. I've lost my phone number associated with my upwork account and my two way verification is on. Please help me turn it off and gain control of my account and change my phone number on my information details.

Thanks in advance.

41 REPLIES 41
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juneleo,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i have the same issue, can you provide a way to access through email our account without our lost phone number?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Norman.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with updating your phone number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I lost my old mobile number and I can't login using my old account due to authentication issue. is there a way for me to retrieve my old account by changing the mobile number used therein? My email address used was

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks.

Hi Francis,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
nigolai
Community Member

Hello i have the same case as well. I no longer have access to the phone no. help me out.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kimutai.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
mafejm
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Good day! Can someone help me as well, I lost my phone and forgot the number I use in my two way verification. How can I disable it?

Hi Mria Fe,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I would like to ask for support. I've lost my phone number associated with my upwork account and my two way verification is on. Please help.

Hi Sheryl,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Enter wrong code until it sends code to email
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Camille,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
quef_m
Community Member

Hi, My brother could not access his Upwork account because his old number is no longer working. Please help him. Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Queenie,

I just reached out to you via PM with additional information about your brother's account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I no longer have the phone number nor the email address for my freelancer AND agency account.

Hi James,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
pdaand
Community Member

hi.

I have the same problem in this case. I lost access to my old phone number, and when I logged in I was asked to enter verification code from my old phone number.

this is my second account, just for asking this problem. after this problem is resolved, I will delete this second account.

thank you

Hi Puput,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
pdaand
Community Member

thanks for replying, Andrea G.

but when I want to send a private message to you, it says Access Denied "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action"

Hi Puput,

I have sent you a PM. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
pdaand
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

Please reply my private message.

after you asked my account details, and i've sent it

but you haven't replied my message until now

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Puput,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, i have the same issue, can you provide a way to access through email our account without our lost phone number?

Hi Serhat,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar, someone has already reahed me and we have resolved the issue.

gsgzk
Community Member

hello! Moved to spain and i dont have access to my romanian phone number and i have two factor authentification on. My e-mail for the account is  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi George,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble accessing your account. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same issue, I do not have the authenticator app but I do have my number and email.
can you tell me how I can recover my previous account on anasbinarif@gmail.com account?

Regards,

matheuslazarin
Community Member

I have the same issue. Can you guys help me, please?

Hi Matheus,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
gabbysew
Community Member

Hi,

I lost my mobile phone today which the number was registered on my upwork account, i can not get the verification code, how to change mobile number on upwork? Please help

Hi Gabby,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c07c617e
Community Member

I have the same issue, I do not have the authenticator app but I do have my number and email.
can you tell me how I can recover my previous account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**account?

Regards,

Hi Anas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
franklyn51
Community Member

Lost access to number used in upwork account and two way verification is on.

Hi Chinedu,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem. I've reached Russia, my phone number doesn't work here. Could you help me please?

Hi Bolot,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths