🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Lost access to old email and account
Page options
irishabh96
Community Member

Lost access to old email and account

I lost access to my old email address and unable to log in without email OTP, I was also ID verified, so long-story-short I'm locked out of my real account. I created this account just to post and will delete it once resolved as I know it is against policy.

Can someone please help?

15 REPLIES 15
NikolaS

Hi Rishabh,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Once your issue is resolved please close your new account to avoid making a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e9719528
Community Member

Hello,
I lost access to my old email address and unable to log in without email OTP, I was also ID verified, and also long-story-short I'm locked out of my real account.
I also created this account just to post and will delete it once resolved as I know it is against policy.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

My new email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I dont have access to **Edited for Community Guidelines**

The only way I can log in is with my old password which I accidentally pressed request new and realized I cant open my Edited for Community Guidelines**account.

Can someone please help?

Hi Jovanco,

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts as this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further. Please know that you should close your new account as soon as you issue is resolved to stay in compliance with Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a1dc2321
Community Member

Can you help me access mu old account. i do not have access to my old email address that is why i cannot access my upwork account

Hi Archimedes,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information on the account you wish to restore?

~ AJ
Upwork
acc137ba
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

I lost access to my prior ID, which was associated with an Agency I am no longer employed by, I have registered a new Upwork ID and I'm not sure if my previous ID is still active, but I'd like to use this ID as my primary Upwork ID and don't want to use any other ID if it is active and would like to start fresh. Anyone can please solve this issue?

You are not allowed to start fresh. Your first Upwork account will need to be reactivated.

Hi Navdeep,

I certainly understand your concern and allow me to assist. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your original account? The email address would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
acc137ba
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

Thank you for your response, I have sent the private message please have a look. 

Hi Navdeep,

I did receive your message and thank you for responding. Please refer to my message and provide the required information so that we can proceed with your concern. Then we'll continue communicating there moving forward.

~ Arjay
Upwork
96538b36
Community Member

I am having the same problem and has DMed you, please take a look at it for me when you have time. 

Thank you so much in advance 

Thanakon S.

131b5a21
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue and can't contac support via chat bot. What can I do to restore my old account without access to the old e-mail?

Hi Aleksandr,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for your old account? I will be happy to look into this for you.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Done! Thank you for your help!

Hi Pradeep, 
I messaged you as you asked, but I'm not sure you received my message. Please, let me know if I need to text you one more time.

Thanks,

Alex

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members