🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Lost my top rated plus status after adding ne...
Page options
calado-marco
Community Member

Lost my top rated plus status after adding new billing method

I added a paypal billing method and after my account was reinstated ( today) i lost my Top rated plus status...

How can i get it back?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marco,

Could you please allow 24-48 hours for the system to update? If the Top Rated badge isn't back on your profile after that, please let us know. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
NikolaS

Hi Marco,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that you can earn Top Rated Plus status by building an impressive reputation on Upwork with both large and longer-term contracts. As with Top Rated status, you must have a proven history of success with multiple clients, delight your clients with your work every time, and contribute to a safe and vibrant marketplace by knowing and following the Upwork Terms of Service.

Once all the requirements are met, you'll receive the Top Rated Plus badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork
calado-marco
Community Member

Thanks Nikola for reaching out.

The thing is that i already had that status (top rated plus). It changed to a simple 99% JSS after i added the paypal billing method.

My question is if i'm getting that badge back after the next status review (15 days update, i think) or if all the previous reviews (i have over 140 jobs) will not count and what can i do about it...

Thanks again a sorry to bother.

The badly misnamed Top Rated Plus is a purely metrical designation. At any one point of time, either we meet the criteria for volume (not satisfaction) or not. An algorithm will assign or remove the designation accordingly.

Your action and the algorithm's action coincided. That's all. There's nothing to be done. When/if you're eligible again, the algorithm will restore the TR+ designation.

Thanks Douglas.

So basically what you're saying is that due to the temporary account suspension (the days it took until i got the verification of paypal on the billing method) my account "reset". And now i need to wait again to have enough positive reviews to gain my badge back like i was a noob in Upwork.

Is that it? If so i'm so pissed my friend....

Take a look at the reviews on my profile and see if it's fair...

Thanks, and sorry to bother.

Marco C wrote:

Thanks Douglas.

So basically what you're saying is that due to the temporary account suspension (the days it took until i got the verification of paypal on the billing method) my account "reset". And now i need to wait again to have enough positive reviews to gain my badge back like i was a noob in Upwork.

Is that it? If so i'm so pissed my friend....

Take a look at the reviews on my profile and see if it's fair...

Thanks, and sorry to bother.

No, that's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying the payment verification and the loss of TR+ status have nothing to do with each other. Their coincidence was literally that—a coincidence: they happened at the same time.*

TR+ has nothing to do with positive reviews, or fairness. It has to do with the number of large contracts (defined by category) performed satisfactorily during a certain time period, with a few other criteria attached to that.

*edited to add: Or, as Valeria suggests, there's a system glitch that temporarily suppressed your TR+ status, and the system will self-correct. In that event, it's still not about you, your clients, or your reviews. It's a system fault.

Marco,

Could you please allow 24-48 hours for the system to update? If the Top Rated badge isn't back on your profile after that, please let us know. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Got it back. It was as you said. Thanks!

Great! Thanks for coming back here to confirm that, Marco.

Let us know if you ever have questions about Upwork or need help.

~ Valeria
Upwork
calado-marco
Community Member

Hi Valeria, and sorry if i looked a bit harsh on my posts... it wasn't my intent. Just felt disheartened!

You can understand that. Upwork is my main freelancing platform, i subscribed to it when it was still Elance. I built friendships on it, not just clients.

Of course i'll do that, maybe it's just that, a system update...

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths