Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot of Jobs against ethics rules

benoitl78
BENOIT L Member Since: Jan 7, 2018
1 of 6

Hi,

i am seeing some jobs against ethical practice (like writing fake reviews, hacking mobile phone etc) , how can we report this ? I would suggest to add an option to report this kind of jobs easily (since there is option to report spam/fraud ... we should just add "agasint ethic values") 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Benoit,

You can report it to us or click on the Flag option you see on a job post so that our team can investigate them further and proper actions will be taken (If violation are found). Please refer to this help article on how you can report such cases. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ Joanne
Upwork
andydalmanmeche
Andrew D Member Since: Jan 18, 2018
3 of 6

Joanne,

I wanted to ask on another note regarding ethics... I'm seeing some jobs that don't appear to have a 'flag' in your system. For example, what type of 'inappropriate' work would a student obviously/blatantly trying to contract out the writing of a homework assignment or term paper fall under? I reported one earlier this afternoon that went so far as to explain the teacher's requirements, but "spam" was the closest I could think of. While not ~technically~ illegal, it is academically dishonest and a clear violation of the student's responsibilities, and no contractor with integrity should be enabling that type of work. Thoughts?

Thanks!

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
4 of 6

@Andrew D wrote:

Joanne,

I wanted to ask on another note regarding ethics... I'm seeing some jobs that don't appear to have a 'flag' in your system. For example, what type of 'inappropriate' work would a student obviously/blatantly trying to contract out the writing of a homework assignment or term paper fall under? I reported one earlier this afternoon that went so far as to explain the teacher's requirements, but "spam" was the closest I could think of. While not ~technically~ illegal, it is academically dishonest and a clear violation of the student's responsibilities, and no contractor with integrity should be enabling that type of work. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Upwork took our temperature back in July on new flagging options, after YEARS of complaints by active freelancers, but there has been no movement towards actually implementing anything new. See the discussion here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Input-Request-Flag-options/m-p/377638#M21185 

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
5 of 6

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for reporting that job post. If I were to report that job post, I would also flag it as SPAM. However, I will share this with our team so we could suggest adding more options in flagging job posts. Thank you.

Untitled
mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
6 of 6

I usually flag the "homework assignments" as fraud because they are, in fact, academic fraud.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS