🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Lot of spam job postings in last week
Page options
kalaani
Community Member

Lot of spam job postings in last week

There are large number of spam job postings in last few days or week. 

Wonder how they post those. Feels like some kind of attack ?

9 REPLIES 9
kalaani
Community Member

Screenshots 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

bevcam
Community Member

I've been seeing the scams and the posts on the forum but I honestly need to add my voice to the call for Upwork to do something.

There have always been scam posts and usually, you can spot them, but this onslaught is just ridiculous. You can say use the filters, but how do you keep up without taking up time?

It's not just Telegram, it's Gmail, youtube, WhatsApp... And now I see posts without contacts but asking FLs to apply with their contact details for more info.

Surely there's some way Upwork can stop these posts. 

Upwork is well aware of this problem and tells us they are doing all they can to fix it. Yet it persists. Draw your own conclusions.

NikolaS

Hi Kalaani,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kalaani
Community Member

Flagging s not that much effective . this is by years of experience with UW.

Thanks for your commitments . 

Yes, and flagging in no way stops them from being posted. And that is what we want.

Flagging hundreds of posts is not efficient. We are not paid to clean up your job board. As a matter of fact, we pay Upwork. 

vkarthigeyan
Community Member

God! I too god invite from some unknow person to share my email. I didn't respond to them.

I just decline their proposals and marked it as SPAM.

It's really annoying when i search to apply jobs, i see many SPAM postings.

UPWORK should put dot to these kinda issues.

I see this last 2 weeks.

prtp5
Community Member

I am also seeing tons of spam job posting(same description with different location) and not able to find/identify valid job postings. Is there any work around for this issue.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members