🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Low JSS score 70% - what are the causes ...
Page options
pratappradhan
Community Member

Low JSS score 70% - what are the causes and how to improve? 13 contracts, 4 idle

Low JSS score 70% - what are the causes and how to improve? 13 contracts, 4 idle contracts (new to Upwork, within 2 months)

"Client who would recommend you" - 88%

How does JSS lesser than the"client who would recommend you"?

13 REPLIES 13
lysis10
Community Member

Pratap P wrote:

Low JSS score 70% - what are the causes and how to improve? 13 contracts, 4 idle contracts (new to Upwork, within 2 months)

Just gonna skip right over the info from 2 weeks ago when your client was not happy and wanted a refund, huh?

Yes. But i won the dispute because of upwork protection rules.

How to increase JSS now ?
petra_r
Community Member

Pratap P wrote:

Because the "Clients who would recommend you" metric only updates after a number of jobs. It will catch up.

Plus contracts which end with nothing paid or fully refunded significantly lower your JSS.

Okay.

But how to increase the JSS now ? Its really bad score.

Pratap P wrote:
Okay.

But how to increase the JSS now ? Its really bad score.

Step 1: Select your clients very carefully

Step 2: Do a great job

Other than both points?

Does Upwork have some set of rules for JSS as well?

Pratap P wrote:

Does Upwork have some set of rules for JSS as well?

Yes, they do:

https://www.upwork.com/blog/2015/06/job-success-score-upwork/

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

My JSS score today updated to 78% from 70%. I think I can bring it to above 90% in coming future.

Pratap P wrote:

My JSS score today updated to 78% from 70%. I think I can bring it to above 90% in coming future.

Of course you can, just consistently deliver great work to your future clients 🙂

I will do my best, will update on JSS score after a couple of months.

Private feedback actually incrage client hypocrisy, I have been a victim.

in public they give you 5 into 5 in private they give 10 into 5, ( why because they could need our help in the future so they don't left bad feedback and ratings)

I did 25 jobs in the last 6 months. my 6-months job score is just 82%.

I had low scores in 2 contracts only, scores 5 out of 4.5 and 5 out of 3.9  volumes 1500 USD in total for both jobs total earning is more than 25000 USD.

only one client is enough to hurt a job score, 🙂 

private feedback is designed for hurting freelance profile. Freelancers can not question, we never know what happen with JSS Upwork keep everything in secret, we never know and could get hire again with the same client how is hurting you, if Upwork wants to keep private feedback option Upwork could keep but inform about the client who is not happy with work. so In the futre, we could take a decision whether we work again with him or not,

already losing hops due to new updates, let's see.

dev_ahmad
Community Member

I just got my JSS for the first time, during my 4th project and it is 68% ?
Will upwork suspend account having JSS less than 70%?

Hi Ahmad,

No, your account won't be suspended based on your Job Success Score. You can check this help article to learn why our Trust and Safety team may take action on an account.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths