cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low JSS

lmmarquis
Lisa M Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
1 of 3

My JSS is at 68% but I see that there is only 1 negative comment in an otherwise positive feedback from a client; all my other feedback is positive. What can I do?

browersr
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
2 of 3

I am thinking you are getting much lower private feedback. Given the few jobs and you can push that JSS up with some successful new jobs. Really outside of getting new work and doing well for clients, there isn't anything you can do for your JSS. I would recommend a profile re-write with more focus and better layout. Despite being a short profile, it took longer than it should to figure out what you do. As a writer there is obviously going to be even more emphasis on what you write in your profile as it reflects on your abilities. Right now it doesn't reflect that positively.

Good luck!

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 3

Is the job in progress really still in progress, or did the client wander off and not close the contract?

Is your no feedback job that closed in June actually no feedback, or is the feedback not showing because you haven't yet rated the client?

You're only showing 7 jobs on your profile, so if you have a months-old open contract, one bad rating and one contract with no feedback, that's three negatives out of seven--that's a pretty high percentage.

There may also be negative private feedback from one or more of the clients who rated you well publicly. 

If the job in progress is actually over, see if you can get in touch with the client and ask him/her to close it. If it's hanging pending new work but it's been months, still ask that it be closed, but tell the client that he/she can easily rehire you by clicking the "hire" button on your profile.

If the no feedback job is really no feedback (because you closed the contract and the client hasn't rated you) and it's been less than two weeks since the job closed, consider contacting the client with a reminder that the feedback period ends X date and a polite request that he/she take a moment to rate you at some point before then.

Beyond that...do your best to land a couple of jobs you're very confident you can do well on. With such a small number of contracts, each one will have an impact.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS