cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Payment Offer on ODesk by Clients

Highlighted
Yousof K Member Since: Mar 23, 2012
11 of 104
Strangely (or conviniently) though, oDesk seems to be doing nothing about it. Other Markeplaces (won't name some) have very clear and much cooler costing system. oDesk is loosing facing without knowing it.
Highlighted
Jonathan B Member Since: Nov 18, 2014
12 of 104

i agree with you, i hope in the client side also,

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
13 of 104
If you offer a kid candy or a new toy, they're gonna take it. Same with low paying clients, offer them nearly free work and they're gonna take it and with a smile on their face as well
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Kristine D Member Since: Mar 18, 2012
14 of 104
Yep they'll smile at first but will have severe headache after, due to poor quality of the finished job. Hired cheap expect cheap work too. Same with kids.Alright they take the new toy. If it's cheap they'll play with it until it's destroyed they won't care while for expensive toy well they play with it but treasure it.
Highlighted
Paul John P Member Since: Oct 7, 2008
15 of 104
The Bidding war has come to its lowest yet...Clients offer lower and lower rate per hour as time goes by...I saw someone working for $0.01!! Now I wonder how much Odesk will get from that contract...This is getting worse friends and If we cannot find a way to solve this problem...our work will just go down the drain
Highlighted
Johnny A Member Since: Jun 14, 2011
16 of 104
It really can't all be blamed on the clients. As Katrina pointed out, if they can find people to do it, then why not. This is the aged old battle between labor and industry. Industry insists on seeking out the lowest cost. Labor bows to the offers out of necessity - usually just the basic necessity to survive. "Doing what is right, does not always mean doing what you have the right to do!" - Johnny Akzam I have grown so sick of this site and its exchange of poor labor for what are many times 3rd level or 10th level middlemen. I actually went down today and joined my local Chamber of Commerce, as this site is no longer a reliable platform for new business. I refuse to lower my cost and keep the same high value. Besides, I can't. I live in the U.S. and still make about half what others charge for the same services. This site now caters to the volume, rather than the quality. it started doing so in April 2013, and had steadily declined since. I no longer have faith in the oDesk system for helping to grow a business.
Highlighted
Johannes Ulrich N Member Since: Jan 22, 2011
17 of 104
I have posted projects with low offer..... what I mean by that is that the provider should get a picture of the task and then provide a estimate. What happens if if my budget is 1000.- but the job could be done with 300.- then a provider will try to get as close to the max budget..... that is not in the interest of a client.
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
18 of 104
While I understand that sometimes the client may not know the going rate for his job, I think posting a minimum amount still doesn't make sense. May be if that is the case you should mention in your job post that the budget is open for negotiation? Or maybe odesk should add this option in the job posting form so that the client can leave the budget "open" for people to bid?
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Highlighted
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
19 of 104
[quote=Ayesha] Or maybe odesk should add this option in the job posting form so that the client can leave the budget "open" for people to bid?[/quote] That feature already exists. I post jobs and leave the hourly rate empty. Contractors are free to put in whatever hourly rate they want.
Highlighted
Toni B Member Since: May 7, 2010
20 of 104
Yes, this option exists but still many people put in the description "only bids of $1.00 or less will be reviewed - higher bids will be rejected" Also they put low bids or say "Indian, Asian, Philippines ONLY" We are not complaining about the people who leave the rate open. We are complaining about the people who low ball the rate and expect quality for minimum rates.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS