cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Payment Offer on ODesk by Clients

expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
51 of 104
That is true. But nevertheless, they will pitch themselves as professionals to clients, and make the real professionals look bad and as though they are asking far to much money for their hard work. It's just sad...
hati2
Lucy N Member Since: Mar 2, 2011
52 of 104
It is sad to see exceptional contractors not getting the pay they deserve. Clients take advantage of the FACT that no matter what, THERE is someone who will want to do the job at that VERY low rate. Professionals in various fields are left out and the availability of jobs one can do just seem to diminish in such circumstances. Something serious needs to be done...Some clients who specify they require bids between a certain hourly rate to another are jokers. Because they may still want a contractor with a bid of $1 and below. Contractors are the only people who understand what it means to be a contractor and should refuse to accept such bids..even though it may not be possible for the desperate/freshers/beginners/...
cameronjoseph
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
53 of 104
[quote]exceptional contractors not getting the pay they deserve[/quote] If they were exceptional contractors they would be getting paid what the deserve. Don't blame it on the client. The contractor has a choice not to bid on the job. Probably about the 1e+100 time that has been stated on forums.
shariqueahmer
Sharique A Member Since: May 28, 2012
54 of 104
What would you do, if you were a client who needed to shell out money to get a work done and that if you're a small business with very tight budget.
cateb
Cate B Member Since: Sep 1, 2011
55 of 104
Don't spend money on crap. Save it until you can get quality and don't settle for less. Unfortunately, too many clients settle for the $3.33 an hour guys who don't really know what they're doing because its cheap labor. And we all know who those contractors and clients are. Its pretty obvious by looking at profiles and past jobs.
davidldavis1
David D Member Since: Oct 9, 2010
56 of 104
[quote=Sharique A.]What would you do, if you were a client who needed to shell out money to get a work done and that if you're a small business with very tight budget.[/quote] small business + very tight budget = no money
t-hall
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
57 of 104
Exactly. I try to avoid those like the plague unless it's a kid who I feel good about helping out for next to nothing. otherwise... the entrepreneur needs to either do the work themself or realize they aren't ready to attempt any business yet. The #1 reason for any business failure is cash flow
fionamckay
Fiona M Member Since: Apr 19, 2011
58 of 104
I know there are businesses out there looking to save a buck but some of these "offers" are down right exploitative. Elance has a minimum bidding system in place and so should Odesk. Personally I get really irritated when I check out the jobs that are paying peanuts and see the demands for "perfect English", proper research, etc.
giorgio_mary_ann
Mary Ann G Member Since: Jan 24, 2013
59 of 104
I just saw a posting on Craigslist for oDesk writers--$7.50 per 150 word count biographies. Seriously? I'm a speedy copywriter but even I can't research and whip up a bio in less than 45 minutes. Any company that recruits oDesk writers is getting exactly what they pay for--below minimum wage labor. Professional writers should not degrade their craft by contributing to such greedy tactics. Save your talent for companies who understand that "anyone can write, but few people write well."
iacob_irina
Ace Contributor
Irina I Member Since: Nov 4, 2012
60 of 104
why don't you report the jobs? i can't wait to repair my computer - to be read as getting windows on it again - so that i can take hourly jobs and report those insulting our skills and abilities.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS