Highlighted
Doreen M Member Since: Mar 17, 2008
82 of 104
One of my favorite jobs is proofreading - go figure Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
83 of 104
Which reminds me of my favorite episode of MasterChef season 3. Christine Ha presented a Duplicated French Dish, Flavor, Portion and Cut and presentation to the garnish was exact replica of the sample dish. And the host said "Your not really Blind, Are You?" (something to that effect).Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Cathy W Member Since: May 29, 2011
84 of 104
-
Highlighted
Susan B Member Since: Jun 4, 2011
85 of 104
The proof is in the pudding. I have seen a 'million' websites with the language so slaughtered it is barely readable. It seems to me people do not care about content, just paying peanut shells and taking what they can. I have to say when I run across the websites where the content is crap I immediately close her down. It does not make sense that a true webmaster who cares about their business would accept this. Yet they do. You get what you pay for. Sue
Highlighted
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
86 of 104
I've come to the above conclusion, and will only bid on jobs that offer what I consider to be payment commensurate with my skills and experience. Shame on all who accept low-ball offers. And shame on the "clients" who post them. One more month and I'm off oDesk. I can't take the bad English and can't watch my beloved language being massacred by non-native speakers willing to do the "hit" for 10 cents an hour.
Highlighted
Jackie R Member Since: Feb 22, 2013
87 of 104
A client once offered me an online teaching job for a measly $1 per hour. (WTH?!) Obviously, for Asians (particularly Filipinos like me), these contractors base the rate on the USD exchange rate. That's understandable but offering $1-$2 as an hourly rate is absolute BS. The worst thing is, despite how low the client's offer is, you'll still see a lot of contractors vying for the job.
Highlighted
Rane W Member Since: Apr 13, 2012
88 of 104
You get what you pay for. In the end, most of these people are going to find out that their low-cost work is going to be a high-cost headache. I had one client who was paying someone like $3/hr to maintain their blog for months, only to realize that the person was posting nothing but garbage. Stuff directly plagiarized from other sites or spun from Wikipedia articles. Half the posts didn't even make sense. So, on top of all the money he paid that person, which he had no way of recovering, he had to pay me a lot more to fix the problem. If he had paid someone a decent wage to begin with, it would have cost him a lot less. Penny-wise and pound-foolish, false economy, whatever you want to call it. If they actually want decent work, they will learn their lesson.
Highlighted
Lee Ann F Member Since: Sep 30, 2010
89 of 104
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm university educated with a B.A. and an M.A. in progress. I find the idea of working for $1 an hour just plain insulting and frankly I'm more than a little annoyed that I wasted so much time on these foolish "qualifications" for these ridiculous rates. I could get a job at McDonald's for 8 times as much and probably get health benefits as well. What a joke! This is probably the last time I log into oDesk, at least until some serious changes are made. $1 an hour, my a**. Give me a break!
Highlighted
sachin k Member Since: Mar 17, 2010
90 of 104
Hi there, Guys we should request to odesk for the fix per hour rate from 1$ to above and also for fixed price has some lower limit like 10$ to 20$ and all contractor don't have right to bid blow than 10$. Regard Sachin
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS