Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low payment jobs

atlinguist
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
21 of 37

USD 0.50 per hour? -- I'd take it! ... And translate 8 words per hour.

No need for a minimum wage. Quality doesn't come cheap, so turning the buyers' market into a sellers' market is all it takes.  😉 (Just don't ask me how to do it.)

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
22 of 37

@Alexandra H wrote:

(...) And translate 8 words per hour.

Can someone translate to and from German faster that that? I mean look at this: Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften. This is one of their words. I would take me 15 min just to spell it 🙂

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
hoogendoorn-mari
Marinus H Member Since: Jan 18, 2014
23 of 37

You hit the nail on the head Rene, the simpliest looking job can take ages to complete

paulrdespre
Paul Eugen R Member Since: Jan 23, 2016
24 of 37

Oh... there are plenty of ”easy job, it will take only 2 hours to complete” postings. I'm wondering why those clients can't do it if it's so easy.

About the low budget jobs I think the main problem is that here isn't an ”under $500” category or ”not sure”.

Where is the suggestion box? We should propose this 😄

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
25 of 37

@Rene K wrote:

@Alexandra H wrote:

(...) And translate 8 words per hour.

Can someone translate to and from German faster that that? I mean look at this: Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften. This is one of their words. I would take me 15 min just to spell it 🙂

🙂 Real German words (all in the Duden)

Grund­stücks­ver­kehrs­ge­neh­mi­gungs­zu­stän­dig­keits­über­tra­gungs­ver­ord­nung

Rind­fleisch­eti­ket­tie­rungs­über­wa­chungs­auf­ga­ben­über­tra­gungs­ge­setz (edited: Apparently this word (a law) was eventually considered too long and changed to "Landesverordnung über die Zuständigkeiten für die Überwachung der Rind- und Kalbfleischetikettierung" )

Ver­kehrs­infra­struk­tur­fi­nan­zierungs­ge­sell­schaft

Ver­mö­gens­zu­ord­nungs­zu­stän­dig­keits­über­tra­gungs­ver­ord­nung

atlinguist
Community Guru
26 of 37

Ha ha, Petra.

But you know, I would consider it impolite to use those kinds of words. Poor readers! 

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
27 of 37

And there's James Joyce's 

Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk 

and

lukkedoerendunandurraskewdylooshoofermoyportertooryzooysphalnabortansport-haokansakroidverjkapakkapuk

Smiley LOL

tjhstudio
Thomas H Member Since: Mar 2, 2016
28 of 37

That just hurt my brain looking at that. That should come with a warning and disclaimer.

atlinguist
Community Guru
29 of 37

Ha ha, René. And you know the long word everyone likes to quote, I suppose: Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän.

But one of my clients seems to think I'm a lot faster. He just put up a milestone for 10,000 words due 2 March. Today!

Bye, better be going...

hoogendoorn-mari
Marinus H Member Since: Jan 18, 2014
30 of 37

Not if you see the nature of that particular job Alexandra

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS