🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Low quality invites
Page options
tomzilla1
Community Member

Low quality invites

Been getting more and more low quality invites these days. Sure a few of those are clients who have spent 200k, but average hourly is $5 to $20. Hiring rate is 43%, been on the platform since 2010, and they ask you questions very close to "free work" - some even invited 100+, and you look through their history it's all tiny projects, less than $15k. Some have thousands of hires but each were only paid $100. The 200k was the highest I've seen, most were much lower than that but basically doing the same. I wonder if this is some sort of tax loophole + fee loophole they're able to consistently exploit on Upwork and they're too small of a fish for Upwork to look into.

I would very much love a price filter in place at the very basic - "clients" cannot message freelancers if they don't meet their hourly rate requirement or fixed fee requirements. Are these the kind of clients you really want anyways on Upwork? Now thinking about it, they may be playing the system. If they keep each contract under $500, they may pay little to no fees, while the freelancer pays 20%. Additionally their tax structure may be so that anything under a threshold amount they don't get taxed on so they don't ever offer anything higher than the threshold. Double dipping on Upwork and Uncle Sam.

What do y'all think.

1 REPLY 1
spectralua
Community Member
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths