🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » MANUAL TIME REGISTRATION
Page options
520e157c
Community Member

MANUAL TIME REGISTRATION

Good evening, I need your help. I have an hourly contract and we agreed with the client to register the hours manually, but I don't know how to do it, I don't know if I should register them daily or weekly. I am new to Upwork. I appreciate your help.

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

Enter work diary, select add manual time there.

You need to do it before weekend. For example at friday you can fill manual time monday-to friday.

Mikola A

Thank you. When entering the hours from Monday to Friday, in one day it lets me register the 5 hours? taking into account that it is one hour a day of work. I was trying to enter the hours from Monday to Thursday and it tells me that I exceeded the limit. I appreciate your help.

ArjayM

Hi Luz Gaby,

Mykola's correct! In addition to that, before you can bill for manual time, your client must enable the option (they can disable it at any time, too). Please also note that Manual time does not qualify for Hourly Payment Protection. You may also check this help article to learn more.

~ Arjay
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

No.

You should NOT enter your time weekly.

You should NOT enter your time daily.

You should enter your time immediately after every work session.

Think about Janet.

Janet was hired with an hourly contract.

Janet worked VERY HARD on a project. She worked 40 hours between Monday and Friday!

She was planning to record her time on Saturday.

On Friday night, the client closed the contract.

Janet got paid nothing.

Whose fault was this?
This was Janet's fault.

sajal36
Community Member

I will never recommend to go for logging hours as manual. As this is not covered under hourly payment protection, client can disapprove the same. First question must come to your mind - Why is client focussing on time log manual.

However, this can be exception if you and client have trust build over the period and it is required due to some confidentiality issue.

Sajal makes an important point.

It is always suspicious if a client ASKS a freelancer to use manual time.

Usually this means that the client can not be trusted and is planning to steal time or money from the freelancer.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hi Luz,

You direct question has been answered by several of the other freelancers.

However, I want to pass on an additional piece of advice. Use fixed-fee contracts and avoid all these types of issues. I have completed 350 jobs during the past five years as fixed-fee and never have had to worry about getting payments. Have a great day!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members