🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: MILESTONES
Page options
adirawka
Community Member

MILESTONES

Hello i am new to upwork.I have a problem  in setting up the due date in milestones at the time of sending the proposal.Because i was not sure about the date on which client is going to approve my proposal.For eg.i set my first milestones after 8 days later to the date of submitting the proposal with a promise of submitting particular amount of work.But the client approve my proposal after 5 days later to the date of submitting of proposal and it is not possible to complete my targetted work in just 3 days.So can i set my milestones again after propasal is approved.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Aditya J wrote:

Hello i am new to upwork.I have a problem  in setting up the due date in milestones at the time of sending the proposal.Because i was not sure about the date on which client is going to approve my proposal.For eg.i set my first milestones after 8 days later to the date of submitting the proposal with a promise of submitting particular amount of work.

Then why include due dates in a proposal in the first place?

I never include due dates in proposals.

But it doesn't matter really, because the due dates are not causing a problem in any way as long as you and the client are on the same page.

Petra R wrote:

Aditya J wrote:

Hello i am new to upwork.I have a problem  in setting up the due date in milestones at the time of sending the proposal.Because i was not sure about the date on which client is going to approve my proposal.For eg.i set my first milestones after 8 days later to the date of submitting the proposal with a promise of submitting particular amount of work.

Then why include due dates in a proposal in the first place?

I never include due dates in proposals.

But it doesn't matter really, because the due dates are not causing a problem in any way as long as you and the client are on the same page.

It's confusing because when you send a proposal with milestones there are boxes to fill in the dates, so for a newbie, it does look like you're supposed to do it. Aditya, it's entirely optional - you can just ignore the date boxes. But just so the client knows what to expect (because I find that most Upwork clients are always in a huge rush for whatever reason), I usually say within the text of my proposal that turnaround times are 2-3 working days for a first draft and 24 hours or less for revisions. 

I don't bid in milestones for small and medium (up to $1000 - $ 1500) contracts at all. Get it all funded in one go, much easier all round.

Petra R wrote:

I don't bid in milestones for small and medium (up to $1000 - $ 1500) contracts at all. Get it all funded in one go, much easier all round.

That definitely solves the issue of figuring out deadline dates, but if you bid on a project that might takes months and you don't get paid until it's completely finished, it can be pretty hard on the ol' cash flow for some people.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths