🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » MPesa withdrawal delay
Page options
elijah_kinyanjui
Community Member

MPesa withdrawal delay

It's been about 6 hours since I requested a withdrawal via MPesa. The process usually takes much less time. How much longer do I have to wait? Should I be concerned?
10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Elijah,

Please allow for 1 business day for the funds to be loaded on your account. If you haven't received your funds after 1 business day, let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

So payments are not processed on weekends?

Hi Elijah,

Withdrawals are generally processed during business days. Our team can initiate a trace on your transaction after 1 business day. Rest assured, your funds are not lost. If you still haven't received them after 1 business day feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This has been happening everytime..i stopped withdrawals using mpesa now i would rather use the bank.

Hello Kuria. How long did it take for the issue to be resolved when you experienced this?

Mine happened many times..There is a time it took 12 days. I now just use bank method.

I initiated an mpesa withdrawal, and the funds have not reflected in my account. I received a payment notification but still the money hasn't reached my end. Please assist. If you can reverse I use PayPal I will appreciate. This has never happened to me before.

Hi Evalyne,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the funds to be loaded on your account. If you haven't received them after 24 hours, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've already contacted mpesa services here, there is no incoming or pending payments coming in. The issue is on upwork side. Please initiate a trace to speed up the process.

this mpesa issue is very frustrating. it's been more than 50 hours since i withdrew my cash to mpesa. i've not received the money, now i'm told i'll be contacted in 24 hours, i needed this cash to clear shool fees for my son. now we are at home since he's been sent away from school. not fair atall

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members