Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY Job success score doped suddenly from 100% to 86%

khurramjamil
Khurram J Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 12
Hello, 

I want to know What happen to my profile ? I was top rated with 100% sucess rate, my success rate goes to 86% suddenly? what did I do wrong ? even there is a positive fed back after that, and directly 86% from 100% ?? Its unbelievable.

Please help me in this 

I will be thank full to you. This is so strange and sad for me. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 12

Usually when that happens and you can't tell why, it's negative private feedback. But, the comments you've received make that seem unlikely. 

If you haven't refunded any contracts (which then wouldn't show on your profile, though the private feedback would still impact your JSS) then the most likely explanation seems to be the number of old, inactive jobs you have open. I don't know why that impact would have been sudden right now, but I did notice that you have three pending jobs that are one year old this month, and a high percentage of your jobs have been pending for a long time without apparent activity.

I'd try to start cleaning that up a little at a time. If you can reach out to the clients and ask them to close the contracts, they'll be prompted to leave feedback, so that's the best approach. But, if you can't contact clients or they don't respond, you should probably start closing those slowly.

khurramjamil
3 of 12

Thanks for your replying tiffany, But I dont think there could be any unhappy client in past few days, May i know the client name so that i can refund him her ? 

Also those inactive clients are not new they are old and they are on hold because we have understandings that we will work in feature, they are just paused. I think there is nothing wrong in having paused project. 

it seems some error, because there is no bad review and let supose thre is complaign against me hiddenly, why i am not informed so that i will avoid that act in feature contracts? 

Please do some thing this suden drop in sucess score really means to me. 

Thanks for you help and looking forword to you to please investigate and help me in getting back my toprated batch.

Thanks 

Khurram

tlsanders
Community Guru
4 of 12

@Khurram J wrote:

Thanks for your replying tiffany, But I dont think there could be any unhappy client in past few days, May i know the client name so that i can refund him her ? 

I wasn't suggesting that there was an unhappy client. To the contrary, your public feedback makes it seem unlikely that a client rated you poorly on private feedback.

Also those inactive clients are not new they are old and they are on hold because we have understandings that we will work in feature, they are just paused. I think there is nothing wrong in having paused project. 

In theory, there is nothing wrong with it. But, inactive contracts ARE a factor in JSS, and having too many pending without activity for a long period of time does reduce your score.

it seems some error, because there is no bad review and let supose thre is complaign against me hiddenly, why i am not informed so that i will avoid that act in feature contracts? 

Upwork doesn't reveal private feedback because it is the client's opportunity to provide information he or she might not be comfortable providing publicly, and this improves the chances that Upwork will get thorough, honest information from clients. 

Given your profile, though, I don't think this is your issue.

Please do some thing this suden drop in sucess score really means to me. 

Thanks for you help and looking forword to you to please investigate and help me in getting back my toprated batch.

I don't work for Upwork. I'm just a freelancer like you, who happens to know the factors that most often impact JSS. Upwork won't tell you exactly what hurt your JSS, because the algorithm is secret. But, we know that those inactive contracts hurt. We also know that contracts without feedback hurt, which is why it is not a good idea to just close them all at once.

I know that you said you had "arrangements" with these clients, but some of those jobs have had no activity for a very long time. For example, you have one job with two hours of activity a year ago. Surely that client isn't expecting you to be holding the job open in case he ever returns?

Thanks 

Khurram

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 12

Khurram,

There are various factors that can cause changes in your Job Success score and not only your recent activity but also activity over longer periods of time can affect your score. Tiffany already pointed out that private feedback and inactive contracts can affect your JSS negatively. Additionally, the score may change as contracts fall off of the calculation.

To protect the integrity of the score, we aren't able to share details regarding the effect specific contracts have on your score.

Check out this help article for more information about how the score is calculated.

~ Valeria
Upwork
khurramjamil
6 of 12

Haha okay, which means its time to leave the upwork, There is no reason now to stay here I think, Because if i dont know whats happening then how can I manage my account sucess rate, Any ways upwork Is the boss here they can do what they want, May be its my mistake but still i dont know to whoom should i say sorry. 

Happy ending Smiley Happy 

Cheers.

Remember me in your prayer guys Smiley Happy

tlsanders
Community Guru
7 of 12

That seems like an extremely odd choice for someone with so many satisfied clients here, but that's the beauty of freelancing--you're free to make random decisions and it doesn't matter whether they make sense to anyone else. 

If I were in your shoes, I'd simply start slowly closing the inactive contracts that are almost certainly the cause of your problem. It's worth noting that there are hundreds of thousands of active freelancers here who have no more information than you do about the secret JSS formula, but are successful anyway...just as you were until a few minutes ago.

khurramjamil
8 of 12

Hmm thanks for your kind words and sugestions Tiffany Smiley Happy

dzadza
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
9 of 12

maybe I'm wrong about this, but...
when the contract is closed, both freelancer and client can choose on a scale 1-10 how would they rate (or recommend, I forgot the exact word) freelancer / client. I think that's the part of the private feedback. So - let's say, the client chooses 8 or 9. He/she might think that's high (enough) while, in fact - it's 80 or 90% (if you take that as a percentage scale). 3-4 of those can drag JSS down, even if others are 10/10.
Note that, like all other users here, I have no clue how that is calculated - I'l just assuming that's the case.

jujael
Elitsa S Member Since: Aug 8, 2017
10 of 12
Hey,

I'm also a bit confused. My rating suddenly dropped and I'm wondering why...

Well, I have two contracts with No feedback as the clients are not on Upwork anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Elitsa
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS