cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY NAME AND BANK NAME!

Highlighted
Abrar A Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 5

HI, I had an issue with my name. My name on upwork is only First and Last Name. But my bank account name also has a middle name. But there is no field for a middle name on upwork.

If I put my full name including middle name on upwork "Bank adding" section, will it solve the issue?

Thanks

Abrar

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jaime L Member Since: May 11, 2015
2 of 5

Is Upwork telling you that you must use your middle name?

I don't think you need your middle name in your name here. As long as your first and last name match up with your bank's info, you should be fine.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

You could try changing your "first name" on Upwork to your first name, space, middle name.

Or you could remove your middle name from your bank name.

Either of those would cause your bank name and Upwork name to match.

Although it seems kind of silly for Upwork to require you to use your first and middle name in your Upwork profile just because you are using your middle name in your bank account.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
4 of 5

Hi Abrar,

Rest assured that it works fine, no issues here!!

Upwork has my first and last name whereas my bank account reflects my First, last and middle name as well but i had absolutely no issues so far. Touche.

But if in doubt, always contact the customer care dept.

Welcome to Upwork and Best of Luck!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Abrar,

There shouldn't be any issues with your middle name being included in your bank information but not included in your Upwork profile name. If you run into some issues however, please contact Customer Support.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS