cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MY PORTFOLIO KEEPS SHUFFLING!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 29

Hi All,

Our team prioritized the issue with portfolio order and it should be fixed during one of the upcoming updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Luis C Member Since: Mar 10, 2012
12 of 29

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago but so far it seems to be working, then again I haven't added anything new in a while so that might be the reason. Anyway, yes you're right OP, Upwork should really test these updates before commiting, I had my portfolio butchered 4 or 5 times so far.

My suggestion if you're a graphic designer? Keep the Upwork portfolio just tidy enough not to scare away clients casually browsing for freelancers and redirect everyone you contact directly to your Behance portfolio, which has been really stable and awesome over the years. May also be a good idea to include this link on your Overview section, right at the top, in order to direct potential clients to your (working!) portfolio.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 29

Hi All,

We have received a confirmation from the team that the issues with the order of portfolio items are resolved. Please, let us know if you are still experiencing  any problems.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Shannon K Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
14 of 29

Mine is still backwards and I still can not upload new items using safari.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 29

I'm having no problems uploading new portfolio items using Firefox.

If you're having problems with a specific browser (e.g. Safari), try using a different one.

But, yeah, the portfolio sorting wasn't working for me either, as of this morning.

Ace Contributor
16 of 29

I have tried safari, firefox and chrome for new uploads.  The actual project uploads, butI can not get a thumbnail to upload in any browser.

For the sorting...I actually just organized mine backwards and now it shows correct for me.  Not ideal, but at least it is working.

Tanya J Member Since: Aug 3, 2015
17 of 29

Valeria, mine is still backwards. And like Shannon, I am unable to add new portfolio items, nor can I modify existing items... Nothing happens when I press the “Publish Project” button. I have tried with Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera – none work. 

Ace Contributor
18 of 29

@Tanya J wrote:

And like Shannon, I am unable to add new portfolio items, nor can I modify existing items... Nothing happens when I press the “Publish Project” button. I have tried with Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera – none work. 

Tanya - I was just able to get new portfolio items to add using Firefox.  It was tedious and I had to try to save thumbnails many different ways, but it worked....Finally.  Good Luck!

Tanya J Member Since: Aug 3, 2015
19 of 29

@Shannon K wrote:

Tanya - I was just able to get new portfolio items to add using Firefox.  It was tedious and I had to try to save thumbnails many different ways, but it worked....Finally.  Good Luck!

I just tried with Firefox. The thumbnail image works now, but the 'Publish' button still doesn't work. Smiley Mad

Edited to add: OMG!! I got it to work. I wasn't adding the Category information. Geez!!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
20 of 29

The simplest solution to the current portfolio problem would be to relabel our profile portfolios "Portfolio Randomizer."

Then the current way that portfolios are displayed would seem to be intentional and fun.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS