cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY PORTFOLIO KEEPS SHUFFLING!

Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
21 of 29

Valeria, I am still having issues with my portfolio. I decided to rearrange a few items yesterday. When I reviewed my profile today my portfolio was all rearranged again with no rhyme or reason to the order.

Tanya J Member Since: Aug 3, 2015
22 of 29

@Amy T wrote:

Valeria, I am still having issues with my portfolio. I decided to rearrange a few items yesterday. When I reviewed my profile today my portfolio was all rearranged again with no rhyme or reason to the order.

Amy, Aaron's trick earlier in the thread worked for me. Thanks Aaron, and good luck Amy!

I FOUND THE (TEMPORARY) SOLUTION:

1. Organize your portfolio how you want it, top to bottom. 

2. Save.

3. Reload you profile. Upwork will have reversed the order.

4. Open the organizer up again and move one of the items at the bottom up by one slot.

5. Save.

6. Reload your profile.

7. Move the one you just moved back to it's original position.

You're done!

Adam S Member Since: Aug 14, 2015
23 of 29

Hi guys - I've been dealing with this 'reorder projects in my portfolio' issue for hours and this platform doesn't seem to work.  Yes - you can reorder your projects with the green 'up and down' arrows that appear next to the picture in your portfolio.  However - they don't STAY re-arranged.  Once you re-order your projects, then do anything else - refresh, etc.  the projects go back to the first way that they were entered in - which is last one entered first.  Does anyone else have a solution to this?  UpWork?? 

This is VERY frustrating! 

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
24 of 29

Yup. Same here. :/

EDIT: I tried the trick posted here on move+refresh+move+refresh. It worked. I'm almost sure the coding in the portfolio is backwards.

John P Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
25 of 29

Sweet lord, it seems that Upwork just hates me!

Anybody else is experiencing mixed items in portfolios? Mine is showing them backwards. It won't allow me to rearrange them because, after refreshing, it gets mixed up again.

Technically it's showing my weaker points first! I'm about to cry trying to cope with these bugs!

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
26 of 29

@John P wrote:

Sweet lord, it seems that Upwork just hates me!

Don't worry, Upwork hates us all equally. Smiley Wink

Anybody else is experiencing mixed items in portfolios? Mine is showing them backwards. It won't allow me to rearrange them because, after refreshing, it gets mixed up again.

Yes, it's a known bug that will be fixed eventually. No ETA was given but they're on it.

Technically it's showing my weaker points first! I'm about to cry trying to cope with these bugs!

Remove the portfolio items that are weak(er). Problem solved and no need for tears. Smiley Happy

Happy Monday!

John P Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
27 of 29

There will always be weaker points! You're supposed to rearrange according to a focus or from best to not-so-best.

The only way that there are no weaknesses is deleting everything except the best 4 items (shown in the first page).

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
28 of 29

Hi Everyone,

We prematurely confirmed that this issue was resolved. Our engineers have resolved the issue on the backend but it has not yet been pushed live. Thanks for your patience we should have the fix pushed soon.

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
29 of 29

I've just realized that Upwork has a bug where the ORDER that I setup for my portfolio items changes, seemingly to a random ordering.

Since coming onto Upwork about six week ago I've used the "slider arrow" icon several times to set the order that my 14 portfolio items display.  But each time within a few days they have re-arranged themselves into a random order. It's like trying to nail jello to a wall!Smiley Happy

I have double-checked by looking at my profile "as clients see it", and from another computer/location.

Are others seeing this?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS