cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY SCORE DROPED FROM 100% to 76% in one day!

ikarpenko
Active

I got 17k hours logged on upwork. Years of succeful work, most of my feedbacks are 5 stars. I was top-rated 100% for years. My score has dropped to 76% in one day without any clear reason! Am I supposed to beg clients now and sell my 10 years experience for two times less then it costs??

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Then write to freelancersuccess@upwork.com TODAY (or tomorrow at the latest) with that contract's ID number and ask for it to be excluded from your calculation.

You only have 14 days from when you lost the top rated badge, which should have been at the last update which was September 17th (assuming it DID vanish then, not on the 3rd)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Guru

what happened here is that almost all your good feedback has fallen out of the maximum 2 year window, and another one will fall out of it in October.

So at the moment all you have is two good feedback (one of which is going to drop out) and one "no feedback" contract. Chances are you will not have any JSS shortly (which is arguably better than a low one.)

If you were top rated before the last update (which was almost 2 weeks ago) you have 2 days to remove the impact of the "no feedback" contract, which currently makes up 33% of the eligible contracts in your 2 year window.

So in your opinion this is correct measure of my experience and value that I can bring to the client?)

How old paused contract with 4h could affect thousands of succefuly hours?

@Igor K wrote:

So in your opinion this is correct measure of my experience and value that I can bring to the client?)

My opinion is entirely irrelevant. My opinion won't help you get your JSS back up.

JSS is calculated on percentages of contract outcomes in your calculation window. When there are so few ended contracts (and they are about to get less) this is what happens.

Were you top rated before the drop, or were you not?.  

yes I was 100% score with this top-rated badge. I am trying to understand what this score shows. So it fact it shows good vs bad contract outcomes for last 2y window but has power to affects overall rate of freelancer. Little bit strange, no? so if I am got 10y succeful history, one small contract which was paused long ago is able to ruine it whole)

Then write to freelancersuccess@upwork.com TODAY (or tomorrow at the latest) with that contract's ID number and ask for it to be excluded from your calculation.

You only have 14 days from when you lost the top rated badge, which should have been at the last update which was September 17th (assuming it DID vanish then, not on the 3rd)

Thanks. I didnt know that I have such option. Trying this.

Hi everyone, 

It seems that the JSS formula "(successful contract outcomes - negative contract outcomes) / total outcomes)" does not apply to my profile. My JSS is consistently dropping for no apparent reason. I have no negative contract outcomes. Why is my score dropping and why is my Top Rated status eligibility dropping as well?

Has anybody encountered the same issue and what can I do to resolve this?

Best, 

Dijana

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Igor,

I'm sorry about the frustration your Job Success Score has caused you. Please note the score is base on the contracts you completed in the last two years, including those on which no payment was processed, and shows the best score out of the three windows (6, 12 and 24-month time frames). This means the older contracts you completed outside the two-year window won't be included in your calculation. You can find more information about how Job Success Score is calculated in this Help article.

Untitled
stencil_media
Community Guru

You're only as good as your last game/gig/performance/result/project is the way it works with JSS. although there's a lot of maneauverability due to it being over two years... rather than actually being 'your last project'.

I can see why they do it that way, and although it would be nice to have 'bonus points' for having a great track record before the last two years, it's also important to recoignise that a lot can change in two years as well. A review of a hotel or restaurant in the last 6, 12 or 24 months is going to be a lot more representative/indicative, than one from 3, 4, 5 years ago. 

On a side note, but still related... it dropped from 100% to 76% in two weeks... as it's only recalculated every fortnight.  

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

@Scott E wrote:

On a side note, but still related... it dropped from 100% to 76% in two weeks... as it's only recalculated every fortnight.  

Or in one second.... The second the JSS updated.... Fingers crossed it was on the 17th, so he can use his perk. If it was on the 3rd it's too late.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS