🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Made a payment request mistakenly
Page options
abdulghaffar1106
Community Member

Made a payment request mistakenly

Hi Upwork Community,

I am a very new freelancer. I am doing a project in which I have completed one milestone and received the respective amount. However, I have mistakenly forwarded a payment request to my client for a milestone that is yet to be completed by 1 august 2020. I want to cancel this payment request. Please help me how can I cancel this at this stage.

looking forward.

Abdul Ghaffar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for reaching out to us. When a Milestone is funded and a freelancer request payment, the client has 14 days to review and approve the request. The client's approval releases the funds from the Escrow. In the event that the client does not respond within 14 days, the funds will auto-release to the freelancer. 

While I understand that in your case it was rather unintentional, there is no option from your side to stop the 14 days countdown from the time you requested payment. You may want to discuss this with your client so that they can select the option to request changes and stop the release of the payment. You can check out this help article for more information on this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for reaching out to us. When a Milestone is funded and a freelancer request payment, the client has 14 days to review and approve the request. The client's approval releases the funds from the Escrow. In the event that the client does not respond within 14 days, the funds will auto-release to the freelancer. 

While I understand that in your case it was rather unintentional, there is no option from your side to stop the 14 days countdown from the time you requested payment. You may want to discuss this with your client so that they can select the option to request changes and stop the release of the payment. You can check out this help article for more information on this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,
I appreciate your feedback.
Thanks,
Abdul
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members