🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Maiden Name
Page options
kemikolb
Community Member

Maiden Name

I am a cautious person and would like to protect my family’s privacy. I understand that only my city is visible to clients but I have a unique and uncommon last name. I would prefer to use my maiden name as my working name. Is this possible with permission from UpWork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kristen:
It is not Upwork's purpose to maximize privacy.

The purpose of the Upwork tool for freelancers is to maximize their ability to find clients to hire them. It is essentially a marketing tool to present yourself to a worldwide market of potential clients.

Is it possible for you to use your maiden name as your working name?
Maybe.

The system requires that you use your legal name, and that this matches the name on your government-issued identification, and that name matches the name on your payment withdrawal account.

If you maiden name meets these requirements, then it should be easy for you to use it on Upwork.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kristen:
It is not Upwork's purpose to maximize privacy.

The purpose of the Upwork tool for freelancers is to maximize their ability to find clients to hire them. It is essentially a marketing tool to present yourself to a worldwide market of potential clients.

Is it possible for you to use your maiden name as your working name?
Maybe.

The system requires that you use your legal name, and that this matches the name on your government-issued identification, and that name matches the name on your payment withdrawal account.

If you maiden name meets these requirements, then it should be easy for you to use it on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members